Template - page 2

Template identification

mladen:
It can not be done from the code, but why don't you do a simple trick :

Create a text label (from the "insert->text label" menu) with the name of the template and then save the template. That way whenever you read in the template the label with it's name will be there too (like the sample bellow).

PS: it has to be text label since it can be positioned regardless of the time section displayed on chart.

Hi Mladen,

What a brilliant idea; great stuff! I was running out of hair LOL!

Many thanks and may your God smile on you

Mike

blott203:
Hi Mladen,

What a brilliant idea; great stuff! I was running out of hair LOL!

Many thanks and may your God smile on you

Mike

Yep...your God!...

This God is your God, that God is my God

From California to the New York Island

From the Redwood Forest to the Gulf Stream waters

This God will smile for only ME!:)

mladen:
It can not be done from the code, but why don't you do a simple trick : Create a text label (from the "insert->text label" menu) with the name of the template and then save the template. That way whenever you read in the template the label with it's name will be there too (like the sample bellow).
PS: it has to be text label since it can be positioned regardless of the time section displayed on chart.

Thank you Mladen for your very fast response. I did find this one Indicator, which more or less accomplishes the same thing, it lets you put a personal note on the chart, and can customize size, colour etc.

Only trouble is this will not tell me what templates are currently open on 4 platforms on 3 computers. I know, cake and eat it too. Those MT4 creators I tell ya.... I have more than one beef with them, the damn limit on Indicators in the Indicator folder is a real PITA too, with likely NO workaround for that

I still think there must be a way to combine the code in this Indy I posted, with something like an Indicator that searches the .xml file at Forex Factory (FFCAL Indy) and reads it, but instead, it searches your template folder and reads the files there for a match of the current template in use, and then the name of that file is displayed.

Anyway, that is my hope...

If anyone can do it, likely it is you from all the posts I have read of yours (and downloaded from)! Thank you, for all your past sharing, many are indebted to your generosity

Jason

Files:

jayjonbeach:
I have more than one beef with them, the damn limit on Indicators in the Indicator folder is a real PITA too, with likely NO workaround for that

Actually that isn't true, there is a workaround, or hack, for just about everything, and likely that too....

jayjonbeach:

Only trouble is this will not tell me what templates are currently open on 4 platforms on 3 computers. I know, cake and eat it too. Those MT4 creators I tell ya.... I have more than one beef with them, the damn limit on Indicators in the Indicator folder is a real PITA too, with likely NO workaround for that

Jason

Hi Jason,

Re limitations on indicators tab; I use the Navigator icon. You get the full list there.

If you annotate a template usind a text label. you will see what it's called.

Thanks for the chart annotation indi.

Cheers,

Mike

blott203:
Hi Jason,

Re limitations on indicators tab; I use the Navigator icon. You get the full list there.

Cheers,

Mike

You're kidding, all this time I was sure I checked that! I just checked one platform and sure enough some are greyed out in regular menu but NOT in Navigator thanks for that!

Reason: