Better MACD Divergence Signals - page 2

prasxz:
pls try MACD setting parameter (5,13,1)...it's good signal I think

Yes, anything around there is good. Try it in combination with longer term MACD. Try the same with 50/14 CCI. The different lengths catch different scales of divergence. Play with time frame, too, to figure how big a counter move may be coming.

Wow, thanks for all of the great advise everyone. I haven't been back to this post in a week or so, I was on vacation, but I am going to look deeper into what you all have said and hopefully create a good personal system based around some of it.

I originally made this post, because I thought I noticed a good pattern for trading divergence.

I know it sounds crazy, but I was looking at 1 minute GBP/USD charts, using 12, 26, 9 MACD and using PSAR with .12 step to enter divergence calls.

If I saw divergence on the 1 minute chart, I would enter the trade on the start of the second PSAR dot and go for a 20 pip TP. When I first started testing this, it was great. It was making alot of winning trades. I was setting the stop losses 2 pips above the last highest peak or lowest peak (depending on bullish or bearish divergence). So on a 1 min chart it was on average only 6-9 pips away from my PSAR entry point of divergence.

Like I said, it was working great for a few weeks, and then started crapping out. I tediously back tested 8 months of 1 minute charts and although you would have made pips, it would have been very frustrating. The system does not work during days where there are long trends or big movements.

That's why I was asking a way to isolate good and bad divergence calls.

Now I know 1 minute charts are crazy to trade off of, but it's fun

I personally think that there can be some validity to my system, it just needs some fine tuning.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

PipMaker

When you say no bumps, does that mean it has to be a smooth curve else its not a divergence?

ET

Hi

I use IBFX mt4, don't like their MACD, any idea where i can download macd with two lines and histrogram?

happy pipping

Try this version. it's slightly modified to the one that can be found elsewhere in this forum, so that line thickness settings (once you set it) don't change when changing time units.

Also find the histogram only, and other versions, at https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Enjoy.

Files:

tanks a lot.

Try these Divergence indicators:

Thanks for the updated.

Nic

Mcad

What are the values to keep in the MCAD for calculating the treand

Macd (12,26,4)

Try 12,26,4 sometimes it's look OK. (still testing)

Reason: