Better MACD Divergence Signals - page 3

I have tried for scalp using MACD 5, 21, 8

Slow stochastic will make MACD more effective rather than MACD alone. Another additional combination like Bollinger bands and Candlestick is much more greater good.

this is quite the same system i used

Hi

banzai:
Try these Divergence indicators:

HI,

May I ask you , if Is there Alerts in this Indicators ?

David,

MACD period

Try a MACD 12, 54, 9

Fist of all, u can't use any highs and lows, they need to be following each other, a good way to see divergence is to start looking at the macd and just look at the last two highs and lows, than look if there are corresponding highs/lows on the price chart, then look if there are divergence patterns.

then like with all indicators sometimes the market behaves different.

and also like with all indicators, there not used to be alone, rather than with other indicators who confirm it.

and even in your case, when u'd sold at the first divergence, and kept on, u'd still earn profit.

How to avoid Fake Divergence

How to avoid Fake Divergence

Files:
feb-17.jpg  801 kb

divergence classes

1. you may make a difference between divergence classes like desribed below:

2. use confirmation. probably the best is trendline break.

3. selecting the proper price swings may lead to better results, for example using only swings outside bollinger bands.

4. do not forget to check the main trend on higher timeframes.

Files:

MACD (Moving Average Convergence Divergence) : est un Momentum tres utilise pour connaitre la direction du marche et les signaux d achat ou de vente au croisement de lignes. Lorsque les deux courbes du MACD se croisent au-dessus de 0, c est un signal d achat.

Par contre en-dessous de 0, c est un signal de vente dans le metatrader 4

it's good to see you guys with macd, but can you tell me how do you handle the false and lagging behaviour of macd when that is your main tool to trade?

I watched that indicator but i realized over the goodness of it - the macd really sucks

Reason: