Programming Modules

I have made notes as I have learned the hows on coding. I am sharing them with the forum. Please add additional examples to programming different things in a indicator or EA to this thread. To view the different modules, you will have to have Microsoft Word after you unzip the file. I hope these notes and examples will help someone trying to code this language.

Dave

Files:

Programming notes

Thanks Dave,

Thanks for your notes. It's very clear.

I will let you have my notes soon - also studying code to eventually develop my own "private" EA.

BTW: If you look like the one in your avatar, you can have my car!

Keep well.

EbenB

I do not look like this yet, but my alter ego is Einstein (Like Einstein and Thomas Edison, I can tell you of at least 2,000 things that do not work that relate to EA's!).

You can see me at my website: www.lulu.com/HOWTOHEAL.

Please add your notes and examples for helping your brother programmers out.

Peace!

Dave

thanks dave

thanks dave

sure it is very useful

thanks for sharing

iscuba11:
I do not look like this yet, but my alter ego is Einstein (Like Einstein and Thomas Edison, I can tell you of at least 2,000 things that do not work that relate to EA's!).

You can see me at my website: www.lulu.com/HOWTOHEAL.

Please add your notes and examples for helping your brother programmers out.

Peace!

Dave

Hi Dave,

Had a look at your photo on the web-site. There's not much of a difference.....

God still loves me no matter what I look like! Soon I shall up be up with God in His Kingdom - Hope you are ready also??

Dave

It makes no difference what you look like...you look fine. I'm older yet, but you wouldn't know it by my Avatar! HA!

Anyway, it sounds like a fine work you're doing! Keep up the good work for the Kingdom of God!

Jesus is the only one who can bring prosperity into your life, if He wills...even in the FOREX market. I give Him credit when I succeed and when I fail.

And I work hard at it. I think I've got a profitable EA through forwardtesting. Most of the ideas in it are kind of a gift from God, but you still have to work.

Hi!! I'm learning mq4. I've coded a littel EA and I'd like to add a "RSI protect", something like: If RSI>90 and odertype=op_BUY and orderprofit>=X pips move SL to +X". I've been trying but I don't get that I want. Any help?

Easy Expert Functions - Include file

While coding my own experts, I realized that the process for opening/closing orders, etc. is pretty much the same every time, and I kept reusing the same code every time I wanted to try a new strategy.

Instead of having to write new code each time to open and close orders, I decided to write an include file with functions that will do it automatically, and keep track of the state of opened/closed orders, trailing stops, adding to profitable positions and hedging.

The end result is that it takes minutes to code an EA to try out a new strategy using different indicators. That way, the programmer can concentrate on coding buy/sell logic instead of dealing with routine actions.

Try it out, modify it and let me know if you like it or have any suggestions.

Files:

Nice work fuzzbomb! I also use an include file for coding, it cuts down on a lot of redundant coding. It's the only way to go! Especially when testing new ideas. Thanks for sharing, this will help a lot of people if they use it.

fuzzbomb:
While coding my own experts, I realized that the process for opening/closing orders, etc. is pretty much the same every time, and I kept reusing the same code every time I wanted to try a new strategy.

Instead of having to write new code each time to open and close orders, I decided to write an include file with functions that will do it automatically, and keep track of the state of opened/closed orders, trailing stops, adding to profitable positions and hedging.

The end result is that it takes minutes to code an EA to try out a new strategy using different indicators. That way, the programmer can concentrate on coding buy/sell logic instead of dealing with routine actions.

Try it out, modify it and let me know if you like it or have any suggestions.

Nice job Fuzz..

Thank you

Reason: