Magic - page 5

MiniMe:
Get the worst EA in forex ( but it has to work ) and set it to be short only in the next few months and see the performance.

Amen to that, I like the idea

Hello MiniMe.

Thank you for your efforts to educate us.

Would you tell me what codec I need to view your last video, because I have problem viewing it.

Greetings, Plamen

plamen86:
Hello MiniMe.

Thank you for your efforts to educate us.

Would you tell me what codec I need to view your last video, because I have problem viewing it.

Greetings, Plamen

Sorry I didn't respond eariler, I am a bit busy these days

here is the link http://files-upload.com/268821/SAM.zip.html its a zip file inside it is an avi file that you can open using windwos media player

hi

MiniMe:
Sorry I didn't respond eariler, I am a bit busy these days here is the link http://files-upload.com/268821/SAM.zip.html its a zip file inside it is an avi file that you can open using windwos media player

Hi MiniMe ,

Thanks for an inspiring video

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

MiniMe,

I don't have problems with downloading the video.

The problem is when I want to watch it.

I had downloaded the last version of K-Lite codec pack and installed it.

And when I try to watch the video(with BSplayer and Windows Media Player) there are some crazy lines all over the screen. That's why I think the problem is that I don't have the needed codec installed.

I had no such problems watching your previous video.

So, what should I do?

Thank you in advance.

plamen86:
MiniMe,

I don't have problems with downloading the video.

The problem is when I want to watch it.

I had downloaded the last version of K-Lite codec pack and installed it.

And when I try to watch the video(with BSplayer and Windows Media Player) there are some crazy lines all over the screen. That's why I think the problem is that I don't have the needed codec installed.

I had no such problems watching your previous video.

So, what should I do?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, the same...

I saw the video with real player good image no sound.

Hi MiniMe and everyone,

I ran into this thread as late as now, and I'm glad I did because it seems to be another of the very few good threads among the dozens of bad threads about scams, overfitted EAs, and other things that I don't really agree with.

Although I've been studying Forex for 9 months now, I'm still a newbie. I spent the months looking for a "free-money" EA, needless to say I haven't found it Then I found Simba who trades cycle based indicators so I read how to trade cycles using trendlines. Very good, profitable, and pretty system, and a manual one (it can't be automated)... I thought that this is what I was looking for so I opened my live mini account but without actually paper trading the system. Now I know that all the trades were easy to make "after the fact"... but in real time I would lose money. I believe that it could be profitable in markets with less noise (futures etc.) but no way in FX. But FX is my only option because of small capital. There's no "mini-contracts" for a $2,000 account in futures.

So now I have my live account funded (in ever-depreciating USDs instead of having it on my savings account in ever-appreciating Czech koruna ) and have no system to trade. I find myself unable to use all those colorful indicators, mathematical formulas, dozens of lines all over the chart. I fear that they are overfitted and would cost you a fortune after just applying them to a different year's data than the one on which they have been optimized on. And this is not just EAs but all systems will clear-cut rules (crosses, increments etc.).

I tried to take just one oscillator (I tried CCI, Stochs, W%R and others) and try to find patterns on it to catch the big moves on GBPUSD M5 during the day. (Some system similiar to WoodiesCCI or Joe Ross - robust, sound, mechanical, but one that can't be automated and has to use human judgement.) For example, divergencies. I made at least 50 pips a day GBPUSD only on average consistently on data February to March but lost most of on data from April to May due to noise. And WCCI and JR can't work either, again because of the noise in FX. So no success here either.

I also love studying the volume... but no volume in FX

I feel like there's no profitable non-EA strategy in FX to start from, except staring at the charts for years and then becoming a trader with hundreds of pips of profit month in, month out, in a snapshot. But I would like the process to be more gradual. So now I'm watching the fundamentals, although there is still a lot of room for being wrong unless you have experience. I also follow bubble's great thread about supports and resistances as this is the only price action, non-EA, and robust strategy I found on this forum. But that thread is yet in its early stages. I hope that I will find what I'm looking for in one of these two attitudes... because if not, I have no place left to turn to.

That's why I'm glad this thread arrived, because it's exactly what I think only works in FX on a long term basis -- knowing where you are at all times and being able to spot the big boys traveling between the turning points. Just like studying the reactions to the fundamentals or spotting strong S/Rs. Too bad that JonnyDenver69 quit his great thread about big-boys-following last year leaving all his great insights in his chatrooms that don't exist anymore.

So, MiniMe, thanks for starting this and I pray that you won't get discouraged by the ******* Holy-Grail seekers that kick in every good and sound thread. And I'll be glad for every insight, every look into your thinking process in real time, that you share with us.

I'm just sorry that I can't play the two movies, neither in Windows Media Player, nor in Real Player. It says it needs to download software but when it connects to the server, it says that it there's no related software available. Could you please give me a hint? Or could any of you be so kind and get a few screenshots that could be of any help?

Thanks very much and sorry for the loong post.

minime last file converted to flash format, no sound in the orginal file

http://files-upload.com/307565/minime.zip.html

Reason: