GAP Trader

Here is a little contribution to this site...

Its called the Gap Trader.

It basically takes 1 position per week based on the Gap between The market Close price on Friday and the Open price on Sunday. Allot of the time the GAP will refill.... Hence Profit from this system.

Test it out works best when there is a large gap on obscure pairs... It needs some tweaking but might be a solid idea, or at least a good way to start out the week of trading...

Inputs......................................

MinGap = 10;

Minimum GAP in pips to trigger a trade

UseMM = false;

if you want to trade based on a % of free margin set to true

Risk = 5;

if UseMM = true this is how much you will risk per trade

StraightLots = 2.5;

if UseMM = false this is your lot size

TakeProfit = 0;

GAP + or - this will be your take profit

StopLoss = 0;

GAP + or - this will be your StopLoss

KillTime = 120;

Minutes that the order stays open waiting for the fill to happen. If the fill does not happen withing the first few hours of opening it not likely to happen.

TrailingStop = 15;

Your basic trailing stop in pips...

Test it out and let me know if I need to make any adjustments... Also Please post your results... and settings.

Files:

Kurka:

I was going to have a look at this, but there is no source... If you want to email it (my username at gmail) to me, I'd like to have a look.

-Derk

Kurka Fund:
Here is a little contribution to this site...

Its called the Gap Trader.

It basically takes 1 position per week based on the Gap between The market Close price on Friday and the Open price on Sunday. Allot of the time the GAP will refill.... Hence Profit from this system.

Test it out works best when there is a large gap on obscure pairs... It needs some tweaking but might be a solid idea, or at least a good way to start out the week of trading...

Inputs......................................

MinGap = 10;

Minimum GAP in pips to trigger a trade

UseMM = false;

if you want to trade based on a % of free margin set to true

Risk = 5;

if UseMM = true this is how much you will risk per trade

StraightLots = 2.5;

if UseMM = false this is your lot size

TakeProfit = 0;

GAP + or - this will be your take profit

StopLoss = 0;

GAP + or - this will be your StopLoss

KillTime = 120;

Minutes that the order stays open waiting for the fill to happen. If the fill does not happen withing the first few hours of opening it not likely to happen.

TrailingStop = 15;

Your basic trailing stop in pips...

Test it out and let me know if I need to make any adjustments... Also Please post your results... and settings.

Hello Kurka Fund,

thanks for the interesting gap-EA. What I think especially is good is the possibility to set a time limit and stop loss level.

What I saw while backtesting, that there was not opened a trade in every gap occured in a currency (e.g. USD_JPY) whilst another gap EA opened the trade (but hasn't gut the refined possibilities to set an end of a trade). Do you know why this is the case?

Is it possible to use this EA parallel on more than one currency (gaps on sunday in more than one currency)?

Thanks!

Fxkiss

this is a thread from a year ago...so do not be surprised if the thread author is not replying...

I am working on a vaguely similar concept, but it is breakout concept in a dealer spread widening instance...

ES

could you share your idea.....?*

By the way I tried backtesting the expert for the gap but can't get any result... what Am I doing wrong?

Reason: