The Simplist EMA Cross

I have manually tested this Ema Cross and it has been very profitable, I just dont know if done in EA where you can test even as far back as 2000 perhaps if it will be profitable as well.

-------------

The cross is simple 12 EMA crossing the 157 EMA if 12Ema cross up the 157 then BUY if reverse then sell. No other indicator required. I have traded this live already and it was giving me substantial profit for the past 2 weeks on the EURJPY. The only problem is that there are crosses that happend while i am sleeping or during work time that i cant trade. The SL i set usually to be bet 25-35. The exit happend at the cross as well. That is also the same time i have to make another order, normally i will wait for the candle to form then i trade at the next candle. I like using it in a 15m chart but can be used in 30, 60 and 4 hrs as well.

-------------

If somebody can help develop a simple EA for this so we can all use this

24/7. Thanks in advance.

Is your EMA applied to close? Looks good on charts. The problem with this method in an EA is when at the crossing point of 12EMA and 157EMA it can trigger lots of open and close orders in a short period of time, and they will eat you up with the spread. Know a good way to filter that out?

wolfe:
Is your EMA applied to close? Looks good on charts. The problem with this method in an EA is when at the crossing point of 12EMA and 157EMA it can trigger lots of open and close orders in a short period of time, and they will eat you up with the spread. Know a good way to filter that out?

You are right, The average number of crossing a pair can do is about 5times a week. The prolific trending pairs are the JPY crosses, i normally loss the first 2 crossing with a mininal amount since normally the 12EMA that rebounded right after it cross will be about 10 pips or a total of 20 pips, most of the time i catch the 3rd cross with more than 60 pips. Since i am doing this manually, i allowed a 10 pips over the 157 line before declaring it a real cross. i dont know if this can also be incorporated in the EA. Im not really much of a programmer but is always fascinated by the magic a programmer can do.

Thanks

Here is a EA for ema cross its not mine not sure where I picked it up, set it to your MAs and try it.

Files:

This might also be useful to you

I uploaded a generic MA cross EA which will work for you. You can find it here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

PipScorer:
I have manually tested this Ema Cross and it has been very profitable, I just dont know if done in EA where you can test even as far back as 2000 perhaps if it will be profitable as well.

-------------

The cross is simple 12 EMA crossing the 157 EMA if 12Ema cross up the 157 then BUY if reverse then sell. No other indicator required. I have traded this live already and it was giving me substantial profit for the past 2 weeks on the EURJPY. The only problem is that there are crosses that happend while i am sleeping or during work time that i cant trade. The SL i set usually to be bet 25-35. The exit happend at the cross as well. That is also the same time i have to make another order, normally i will wait for the candle to form then i trade at the next candle. I like using it in a 15m chart but can be used in 30, 60 and 4 hrs as well.

-------------

If somebody can help develop a simple EA for this so we can all use this

24/7. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Just wondering.

How has it been doing since the first posting? Has this technique been refined since then?

I noticed that it could be susceptible to some minor whipsaws especially with a 25-35 pip Stop Loss before it really trends in the direction of the 12 EMA.

Any updates?

Reason: