Atr - page 5

wccmcd:
gcgman

The idea of putting ATR5 and MA13 together is a great idea, as far as I can see from the picture you attached. I wonder how you managed to put them together, or it is a standalone indicator?

mladen and other great coders, since gcgman is offline, anyone have an idea of this? thanks to everybody

wccmcd,

Simply drag that standard moving average that comes with metatrader into the screen with the atr. Instead of selecting open or close choose to apply the average to the previous or first indicator. You can also drag other indicators to a sub-window and select previous indicator such as Bollinger bands. I hope this answers you sufficiently if not perhaps I can find a link for further explanation. BTW, I only apply this specific strategy using the ATR and average to time frames of one hour or less.

best of luck,

gcgman

gcgman,

Thanks for your reply and now I am able to do it -- the trick is to "apply to previous indicator's data". Thank you very much!

gcgman:
wccmcd,

Simply drag that standard moving average that comes with metatrader into the screen with the atr. Instead of selecting open or close choose to apply the average to the previous or first indicator. You can also drag other indicators to a sub-window and select previous indicator such as Bollinger bands. I hope this answers you sufficiently if not perhaps I can find a link for further explanation. BTW, I only apply this specific strategy using the ATR and average to time frames of one hour or less.

best of luck,

gcgman

Body atr level

body_atr_levels.mq4

Stage 3 with Cycle s

stage3_vcycles.mq4

Files:

Atr channel version 3 atr_chanel_v.3.0.mq4

Files:

Hi, I have simple mechanical strategy for EURUSD and GBPUSD based on ATR. Both EURUSD and GBPUSD have same character of volatility measured by ATR indicator. It needs improvement and need to be optimized.

ATR is very effective to identify low volatility or high volatility and even identify trending or sideways market. Many trend follower strategies will fail in sideways market because those strategies fail to identify trending or sideways market.

If you have some ideas to improve this strategy then check it hereSimple Mechanical Strategy based on ATR

Atr mqls

atr_mqls.mq4

Files:
atr_mqls.gif  28 kb
atr_mqls.mq4  4 kb

Karpenko (using atr)

karpenko.mq4

Files:
karpenko.mq4  2 kb
karpenko.gif  33 kb

Atr cycles

atr-cikle.mq4

Files:
atr-cikle.mq4  3 kb
tr_cycle.gif  34 kb

Hi

There is an old request for a digital ATR. I have codded a simple one recently

to use in my trades. Here it is. Maybe somebody find it useful.

digital_atr.mq4

Best,

Files:
Reason: