Eridu - CounterTrend Pivot TS - page 2

Eridu Simulation

Hi-

I work in a similar way with pivots and feel many of the same annoyances with pivot indicators. However, I thought I would share some ideas to help until the final perfect pivot indicator-for-all-time is made.

I use Shimodax's SDX-TzPivots for my daily pivots which, IMHO is one of the best MT4 indicators ever made, as well as being the only one that price really respects. I made two mods to it: one lets you set a thicker line for the non-mid pivots, and I made a fibonacci version which seems to hit EUR and GBP spot-on. For historical pivots (I wish someone could fix the "Monday" issue with "^Pivot_PP" and "^Pivot_ResSup",) I bought a very nice indicator from forex-experts.com called "Pivots Advanced" ( not shown) which was $25 well spent, although their weekly and monthly pivots are unusable. So for Weekly and Monthly, I have "PivotCustom_4TimeFrames" which I believe is available on this site. It is also the only W/M pivot calc that price seems to respect. To simulate you vision of persistant Hi/Low on the chart I used an indicator called "i-Sessions-Custom" plus "KIS_max_min_Avg_Monday Fixed". Set the background properties of your MT chart window to Gainsboro color, or to taste, then set i-Sessions indicator to "Asia start=00:00, Asia end=23:59, color =White" Set other session colors to none. This will make the hi and low of the day as a white box. The KIS indicator makes the nice blue and red lines at top and bottom ( and mid-point if desired) to make more pretty.So, as they used to say: "Not the Beatles, but an incredible simulation!" I will try to post the "i-sessions" indicator in another post.

Cheers,

Taters

Hello Taters... thank you for posting... taking it from the clay tablets I knew the energy of ERIDU is still somewhere out there... and there you are... you are its new master...

Like people say... before you think you are coming up with something new, check the collective knowledge base... you may find, what you are looking for is already there...

Is is so nice of you to share your creation... and if you like the ERIDU name then it should be yours...

I am at Elite Section for the time being... Linuxser is a good coder... he created a set of different Pivots... although Sun/Mon is still a problem... I did not find however a coder yet who would be interested in putting together Pivot DJ... = > https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1466

There is another thread "Level Trading" system at Elite... and I want to see if/how Pivot and/or Level could best serve the purpose... Level Trading seams interesting... am still trying to learn it... Linuxser is helping... hopefully other coders will help as well and make the Level indicator work properly... it may take some time...

-tks

I realise this is a pretty old thread by now but anyway...was this project ever completed? If not I was going to make a go at it, will take me a while though since I seem to have started about 10 different coding projects recently. Due to the limitations in number of buffers I don't think I can do all of the lines appearing only over the bars (i.e. not over the right shift area).

Reason: