EA based on Heiken Ashi - page 2

nix:
I agree with trevman.

Whipsaws tend to eat up all the profit.

nostrade, here is the fixed EA. Is this what you are looking for?

Hi Nix,

The BT result was not good...

What if we make some modification on this EA (by changing its entry and exit rules)

Here's the rules

LONG when ashi Bar is RED, exit when ashi Bar is BLUE

SHORT when ashi Bar is BLUE, exit when ashi Bar is RED

No Stop Loss, No TP Target

nostrade:
Hi Nix,

The BT result was not good...

What if we make some modification on this EA (by changing its entry and exit rules)

Here's the rules

LONG when ashi Bar is RED, exit when ashi Bar is BLUE

SHORT when ashi Bar is BLUE, exit when ashi Bar is RED

No Stop Loss, No TP Target

Here are the standard and reverse entry conditions EAs.

I think the standard entry can work with some sort of entry filter and trailing stop (around 50 pips) or stepping stop. The HAMA indicator is lagging so exiting when it detects trend reversal will not work too well.

Files:

Hi NiX

I have been reviewing these EA's you have posted and tried backtesting them, but they don't seem to work.

I have been looking for an EA that does exactly what the other seekers on

this post have been trying to get you to create.

This is what I would like to see, how close is it to this, and maybe you could make these changes:

The EA should be based on the Heiken Ashi Smoothed Indicator with settings of:

MaMetod of 2

MaPeriod of 6

MaMetod2 of 3

MaPeriod2 of 2

The EA should be setup so we can select which time frame we want to be able to use it on wether 1M 5M 15M 30M 1H 4H D1 W1 MN

The EA should go long on the first NEW Blue bar and the order should close on the first NEW red bar

The EA should now go short on this red bar and close on the first NEW blue bar, and on this bar it should now again go long.

The EA should also be setup so we can select the lot size we wish to trade.

The EA as it currently sits does not seem to backtest and I cant tell if its even working.

I would really apprecite your assistance on this.

Thank you, Steven Souders

Why don't you go (e.g.) long only when the blue HA is completed. I.e. entry on open of new bar (bar 0), if the last bar (bar -1) turned blue and the previous bar (bar -2) was red.

This way you will avoid the issue of whipsaws or changing bar colour before it is completed.

The Whipsaws really don't bother me much, because as soon as the bar turns RED it should close the order anyway, and any losses are minimal. I have played with this and with the ability to trade very color change it is a winner in the end. And that is what we want. I don't care if I have lots of small losers because the winners far out weigh the losers to the tune of several hundred pips in a little as 14 days.

Steve

hi

SteveSouders:
The Whipsaws really don't bother me much, because as soon as the bar turns RED it should close the order anyway, and any losses are minimal. I have played with this and with the ability to trade very color change it is a winner in the end. And that is what we want. I don't care if I have lots of small losers because the winners far out weigh the losers to the tune of several hundred pips in a little as 14 days. Steve

it's better to wait for a color confirmation first it's means the next bar after color changed then take a position ...I think it's profitable one ...use smoothedheikenashi indicator

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

nix:
I have attached a simple EA based on your strategy.

If you back or forward test it you'll see that things are not that simple.

You'll need to find a better exit strategy (i.e. trailing stop or take profit plus a stop loss).

Hope this helps you out.

Can you help create an expert using the best formula of heikun Ashi Smoothed I am pasting below?

Files:

Heikin ashi smoothed expert

nix:
Here are the standard and reverse entry conditions EAs. I think the standard entry can work with some sort of entry filter and trailing stop (around 50 pips) or stepping stop. The HAMA indicator is lagging so exiting when it detects trend reversal will not work too well.

My frien nix

Can you help create an expert using the best formula of heikun Ashi Smoothed I am pasting below?

Files:

daceterito:
My frien nix Can you help create an expert using the best formula of heikun Ashi Smoothed I am pasting below?

I'm not familiar with this indicator. Does it also repaint? Have you traded using the signals generated by this indicator?

SteveSouders:
The Whipsaws really don't bother me much, because as soon as the bar turns RED it should close the order anyway, and any losses are minimal. I have played with this and with the ability to trade very color change it is a winner in the end. And that is what we want. I don't care if I have lots of small losers because the winners far out weigh the losers to the tune of several hundred pips in a little as 14 days. Steve

Have you tested this forward by demo or live trading? I'm not talking about visual backtesting which doesn't prove anything. The previously posted EAs killed the account in the long run i.e. during long consolidation periods.

I've backtested your settings for the Heiken_Ashi_Smooth indicator with the stop & reverse method so you can see the results. Heiken Ashi repaints and therefor the results are what they are.

Files:
Reason: