Minimum Trailing Stop? - page 2

Minimum TS is set by each broker,

MIG allowes 6 or 8 pip TS and higher

european:
Minimum TS is set by each broker, MIG allowes 6 or 8 pip TS and higher

Ok, how do I find that out what the min TS is for each broker?

Thanks

@Kalenzo - Thanks for your help. I think I understand it now

EDIT: wait a minute, if TS is moving SL to bid price, isn't that going to close the trade if price drops a pip? TP would only get hit if price continues to move in my favor, correct?

made a change, see above

matrixebiz #:

I can override MT TS of 15 by putting my own in in an EA correct?

Ok, so if I set a trade TP=15 SL=15 TS=6

Open Long 1.2000 SL=1.1985 TP=1.2015

now price moves to 1.2007 triggering TS

So your saying SL doesn't move up 6 to 1.1991 but it moves to bid-TS (1.2001) correct?

If i may ask, are you saying if i code my own expert is there any chance that i can by pass/overide the minimum allowable points and put my own custom points that are lower than the expected when i use a trailing stop manually.

I trade indices specifically boom and crash on deriv

european #:

Minimum TS is set by each broker,

MIG allowes 6 or 8 pip TS and higher

If i may ask, are you saying if i code my own expert is there any chance that i can by pass/overide the minimum allowable points and put my own custom points that are lower than the expected when i use a trailing stop manually.

Kale #:

Ture, but you can get REQUOTE info from your brooker, or when modifying order sl you can get error : INVALID STOPS.

And here is an example how to check minimum SL:

Comment("Minimum SL for "+Symbol()+" is "+MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL));

Put this line in any indicator that works, at the beginning of the start function and you will see what will happen .

Reason: