I killed metatrader

Hi,

I pressed F2 to open the history window, went down to EUR/AUD and clicked download. Now i have really crappy data for this pair. In the help manual it said it would download historical data from 1995 but it only goes back to 2005and there are large spikes.

Here is a chart that the data produces:

Anyone know why this happened?

Is there a way to get rid of it and use the original data that came with the fresh install of metatrader?

Thanks for any help..

Very simple...save your indicators/experts/tamplates and REinstall the metatrader again.

breakmov

Damn. So there is no other way to download that pair from the demo server?

Should the history box be avoided? I mean, what is the point of it if it ruins a whole installation?

Out of curiosity, I downloaded that pair and got a similar chart - the data itself is corrupted. Also there is only 5 months of data available (corrupted data...) No need to re-install - just delete the EURAUD pair data.

Thanks Om,

Just out of curiosity, are most of the pairs like that or is the historical data usually safe?

If not, are there any sites with intraday and eod historical data for free that can be used with charting software?

onemind:
Thanks Om,

Just out of curiosity, are most of the pairs like that or is the historical data usually safe?

If not, are there any sites with intraday and eod historical data for free that can be used with charting software?

Regarding amount of data per pair, I only download the most popular - cos they really fill up your 'puter in no time - and they are all about 7 years worth. As for the quality, well, that's the $64K question... Data vendors still make a living providing 'quality' data which probably tells you something.

There are quite a few places to source data on the web if you look around. Here's one someone posted on TSD a while back

http://ratedata.gaincapital.com/

Reason: