Camelback tecnique

hello to everybody i am an amateur private trader, i try to capture a good set up for following daily trend on forex.

in the last time i have discovered the "camelback tecnique" by joe ross, that seem goods.

there are some one that trade with this methology? also in speedy timeframe like 4 hours 1 hours 3o minute.

i would like to speak about "camelback "

my email lory2002[at]katamail.com

bye

hello for someone that don't know this here attached address to download what it is.

http://www.trading-naked.com/library/JoeRossTradingManual_C23_189-199.pdf

please someone reply.

the river

have a look at the river thread its very similar

Steve

Here is the camelback template, it use the standard EMA15 on close price, and SMA 40 on high price and SMA 40 on low price.

Files:
camelback.tpl  2 kb

Tf

solton:
hello for someone that don't know this here attached address to download what it is.

http://www.trading-naked.com/library/JoeRossTradingManual_C23_189-199.pdf

please someone reply.

What timeframe is he using in that PDF?

thx,

todd

My view

How do you identify a local low (or high) while the current bar forms? The next bar could be even lower.

Ex post this strategy looks great, but I have difficulties in indentifieing a low/high while it forms...

EA for camelback?

The rules are simple and should be easy to implement in MetaTrader platform. From the PDF, here's how I "read" the rules:

- When the 15EMA is flat (or relatively flat), do not trade

- When the price is between 40SMA High and 40SMA Low, do not trade

- When the price is entirely above 40 SMA High, appropriate order is LONG

- When the price is entirely below 40 SMA Low, appropriate order is SHORT

To place LONG order (following the rules above)

when previous bar (of current, running bar) low is lower than the bar before the previous bar. In MT4 platform the syntax would be like this: Low[1]<Low[2]

To place SHORT order

when previous bar high is higher than the bar before previous bar. High[1]>High[2]

However, I'm not quite sure about the exit position. I would probably use ATR (1 period only) divided by two and let the EA close position when the price is below or above the ATR(1).

After reread the PDF, I should add another rule when placing an order:

valasindo:

To place LONG order (following the rules above)

when previous bar (of current, running bar) low is lower than the bar before the previous bar. Put your order when the close of current bar is higher than previous close. In MT4 platform the syntax would be like this: Low[1]Close[1]

To place SHORT order

when previous bar high is higher than the bar before previous bar. Put your order when current close is lower than previous close. High[1]>High[2] && Close[0]<Close[1]

Reason: