Expert log size modification

Hello,

Is it possible to modify the size of the Expert log ? (the one that is displayed on the bottom of the screen when you choose View->Toolbox on the MQL5 terminal)

Thanks for help!

tenlau:

Hello,

Is it possible to modify the size of the Expert log ? (the one that is displayed on the bottom of the screen when you choose View->Toolbox on the MQL5 terminal)

Thanks for help!

You can make it taller . . . drag the divider.

RaptorUK:
You can make it taller . . . drag the divider.
Sorry, my English is not so good. I mean the size of the corresponding file, not the visual appearance of Expert log.

tenlau:
Sorry, my English is not so good. I mean the size of the corresponding file, not the visual appearance of Expert log.
Why ? A new file is created each day. What's your actual problem, do you reach a limit for this file size ?
Create Your Own Expert Advisor in MQL5 Wizard
Create Your Own Expert Advisor in MQL5 Wizard
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
The knowledge of programming languages is no longer a prerequisite for creating trading robots. Earlier lack of programming skills was an impassable obstacle to the implementation of one's own trading strategies, but with the emergence of the MQL5 Wizard, the situation radically changed. Novice traders can stop worrying because of the lack of programming experience - with the new Wizard, which allows you to generate Expert Advisor code, it is not necessary.

tenlau:
If it's too big Print() less information to it.

RaptorUK:
If it's too big Print() less information to it.

I think you point wright. it is too big because I "Print()' too much. That is why I want to be able to make the file size bgger!. Is it possible ?

tenlau:
What is the size of your log files ?

tenlau:

I think you point wright. it is too big because I "Print()' too much. That is why I want to be able to make the file size bgger!. Is it possible ?
The log file will grow and grow only limited by your hard drive . . . if it's too big Print() less . . .

Ok it is clear; thank you for your support !

I know it is a little out of topic but it is possible to generate an Expert log file each time I start an EA ? Because I find that MT5 generate a file each day but it is a bulk one (I mean that if in that day I start and stop multiple EA's is difficult to look/find each EA in a big one file.

tenlau:

I know it is a little out of topic but it is possible to generate an Expert log file each time I start an EA ? Because I find that MT5 generate a file each day but it is a bulk one (I mean that if in that day I start and stop multiple EA's is difficult to look/find each EA in a big one file.

You can create your own log files using your own custom Print() functions . . .  other than that you might want to add a Print() when the EA starts so yoiu can better identify the start,  for example Print() the EA name,  the start date and time, etc. . . .  anything that helps you identify it.  You cannot control the log file as you describe.
Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / Print
Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / Print
  • www.mql5.com
Common Functions / Print - Documentation on MQL5

tenlau:

As RaptorUK wrote, you can't control the MT5 log file. You can create your own.

Or you can use a software like Excel to open and filter the entries. The log files are CSV files with fields delimited by a TAB.

Reason: