Help with buffer limits and flatlining indicator lines

Hello.

I wrote the attached indicator to provide a multiple-time frame oscillator for my Ichimoku trading.

After running it on the 1H time frame and selecting the 240M and 1440M time frames as the TF2 and TF3 values, respectively, I notice that, while I get all 3 lines to appear on-screen, the 240m line (Green Line if you entered that as your TF2 value in the Input Parameters) flatlines at 2006.11.20 and the 1440M (Blue Line) flatlines at 2006.07.14 while the 60M line (Red) continues to provide accurate data all the way back to 2004.

Is there a buffer issue with this that I am not aware of? I don't see any reason why my 60M indicator line should provide an accurate reflection of price data back to 2004 while the other two lines (for 2 other time frames) only provide information back to 2006.

Please note that you need to enter the 240 and 1440 values in the Input Parameters of the Indicator in the "tf2" and "tf3" rows to test this.

Any help on figuring this out would be great!

Thanks,

Ian

Files:

Hello,

I found this old thread and my custom indicator is doing exactly the same thing under similar circumstances.

Did you or anyone else figure this one out?

Thank You

ThemBonez:
Hello,

I found this old thread and my custom indicator is doing exactly the same thing under similar circumstances.

Did you or anyone else figure this one out?

Thank You

It is simply due to different amount of data downloaded for different time frames (metatrader 4 does not keep data for all time frames the same - you can have one month of history of one time frame and 100 years of history of another time frame - and that is actually the usual case)

Reason: