MetaTrader History

Is it possible to download all the histoy from all currencies from one location? I'm after the history for as many pairs as possible dating back to Jan 2006 - Current.

Thanks in advance!

1. elite section thread;

2. Alpari broker: download from here. Click on currency name to open separate page with more English words (website is in Russian).

3. The other one (alpari broker data): http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php

4. How to get history data of your broker (any broker):

- open Metatrader, then go to "Tools", "Options", then "Charts", press and hold 9 in "max bars in history" and "max bars in chart", press "ok".

- open the chart you want to get the data to. For example you want to have GBPUSD H4 data. You broker's data. So, open GBPUSD H4 timeframe, "Auto Scroll" should be off (see image).

- Press "Page Up" on your keyboard. Hold it. Holding this Page Up button you are downloading the data from your broker's server to the chart (you opened GBPUSD H4, but we may open anyone so it is necessary to do it with every chart - it takes long time ...).

- after that: open "Journal" (see image), right mouse click on the chart, click "Refresh".

Files:
autoscroll.gif  44 kb

hi

XOLOSIS:
Is it possible to download all the histoy from all currencies from one location? I'm after the history for as many pairs as possible dating back to Jan 2006 - Current. Thanks in advance!

Hi,

as i know from MT Northfinance only daily chart have data history from july 2004 - now ...but for 4 h chart only from may 2006 - now.....

==================

Forex Indicators Collection

I did everything which described in my previous post and got GBPUSD H4 data: now - back to 2001. North Finance broker data.

If I open IBFX Metatrader so I may do the same to get IBFX broker data. Any pair and any timeframe.

It is very usefull if we want to correct/optimize the settings of EA using the data of our broker.

Most important for backtesting is to have M1 data.

Files:
autoscroll1.gif  30 kb

Big thanks ND!

And that is exactly why I'm downloading as much history as possible. Speeds up the optomization process and saves recalculating all the time.

Reason: