TASC 03/07 Fractal Dimension Index - page 3

mladen:

Wulong

CFB is , when normalized, suitable for adapting other indicators and that is why I like it. For itself alone, it suffers from all the fractal type indicators problems : almost unusable. So, after all, if we are able to use something from something else (and I don't mean from our crazy heads this time ) then we can call it usable, otherwise, maybe better to step on in another direction

I knew CFB alone together with other indicators, but as you say that it's worthless when used alone, I better should not know it ...

I have a simple idea posted in the BB Squeeze thread, maybe that would be a little bit better, although it will not be perfect, maybe use the BB bands itself is simply the best ...

Wulong10:

I knew CFB alone together with other indicators, but as you say that it's worthless when used alone, I better should not know it ...

I have a simple idea posted in the BB Squeeze thread, maybe that would be a little bit better, although it will not be perfect, maybe use the BB bands itself is simply the best ...

OK. Shall check the BB idea

Mladen, thanks !

Fond this paper : computing_the_fractal_dimension_of_stock_market_indices.pdf

Maybe someone finds it interesting

PascalD:
Fond this paper : computing_the_fractal_dimension_of_stock_market_indices.pdf Maybe someone finds it interesting

Interesting

And I am still looking for that German paper with proof about fractal dimension and financial markets

mladen:

Interesting

And I am still looking for that German paper with proof about fractal dimension and financial markets

If I find it I will post it

mladen:

An experiment - this version allows some price filtering before the main processing :

___fractal_dimension_2_1.mq4

Dear mladen,

should be possible to have a multimeframe version of this indi ?

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

andreatrade:

Dear mladen,

should be possible to have a multimeframe version of this indi ?

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

Andrea

Here is the multi time frame version

mladen:

Interesting

German? Maybe i can help... i am in Germany, any information about?

mladen:

Andrea

Here is the multi time frame version

Some more upgrades (making it 100% compatible and user friendly now)

Reason: