Using ONE moving average to increase odds

In the past I have commented that I tend to trade price only without any indicators. There are reasons for this, especially the fact that every indicator just tells you what you should see in price but don't have the guts to confirm in your own mind without using a crutch of some kind, stochastics or any of the ten million re-done indicators found in here.

But, if I were to use one, and I do, it would be one single moving average. It is up to you to find the one that gives you greatest comfort and results.

You may begin bashing me now.

Charts !!!!

Price !!!

That’s for Amateurs I don’t even ask where the price is, I just ring the broker and say buy or sell on a whim.

Guess I have spent too much time reading Forex Factory.

Mart

Hi

As a trader we should know the basic of price movement ..like D Gann rules , elliot wave , basic pattern recognition ( you should collect as many as possible reversal pattern, breaktrough , flat etc remember history will be repeated again ) + any indicator as an entry point ....use your brain as a pattern database ...maybe we can be a good trader with few indicators involved ?!

==================

Forex Indicators Collection

006:
In the past I have commented that I tend to trade price only without any indicators. There are reasons for this, especially the fact that every indicator just tells you what you should see in price but don't have the guts to confirm in your own mind without using a crutch of some kind, stochastics or any of the ten million re-done indicators found in here.

But, if I were to use one, and I do, it would be one single moving average. It is up to you to find the one that gives you greatest comfort and results.

WMA? EMA? SMA?.... What is your MA?

006:

Would you mind sharing with me what settings you have found most successful for your moving average? I assume the ma and what I call "price walls" are all you use?

Thanks.

I like the idea of less indicators. To many indicators complicate things. I currently use 2. I really only need one. It's funny looking at a chart with 15 indicators that looks pretty, but is useless.

Try MA - 77.

Use it as support and resistanse and also as brakeout signal.

Happy tading.

depending on time frame the 40 or 50 EMA is a good one to use for price cross to enter.

overly complicated systems are just crazy.

Funny thing is when I started out, just like everybody else, I put every MT4 indicator available on my charts thinking that would get me wins.

Couldn't read the chart anymore but it looked impressive

Reason: