If The 34 Ema Line Is Flat Do Not Take The Signals. The Market Is In Chop - page 2

If you want to safe guarded trade. You may add one more line without level lines.

One more line of 34 EMA,

but Shift it the same value with the former EMA line: 34 (The red one in chart).

(In my trading discipline on how to treat an MA line: I always use the same value with the main line, or multiply it according to the size. Most times, I'm using 100 days, I use +100 and -100 for the value lines. The same with the Shift value is 100. If I need an aggressive trade, I add more two lines of +200 and -200, that's only for certain purpose. Usually around the news hour, where the price was still floating outside the range.)

The red line acted as an earlier signal.

Unless the price jolts up and closes far above those lines, it means we're in a good momentum of trend. If not, it will fall back and testing again the red line, and closed below (like the last pointing-arrow showing a spike performance in bigger TF).

You may add a wide variety of the values -or- using a random number which you think were profitable ones for you. Thus, it will only bring out a different location for the decision making. I advise to use the value lines as minimum as you can. What we need in here -dominantly- is expecting the price to break away and out from the bracket.

Using an extreme high value in smaller TF, most likely the price will never get even closed to the bracket lines.

Precaution: Trading MA in smaller TF will be likely procreating the repainted session, you may miss up some pips while those stuff were dancing. Not much though, but it's too dangerous for those who sets for tight SL strategy. Personally I prefer to use 4H's line reading or above. But it's up to you, each person has his/her own goals to use which TF.

Addition: You may even entry for earlier-plus-better position using that bracket.

More addition: I never use the negative Shift. Check the reason by filling the negative quote in the Shift column.

Note: Also check how the price action's behavior when the red line had crossed the lines.

Sorry, this chart's belonged to 1 Hour Eur/Usd. Please consult to your risk management before applying this method.

Files:
a_1.gif  17 kb
Reason: