Indicator

I am looking for a good indicator that can discover quick reversal and a trending market. Anyone?

J-TPO would be my guess

Mart

mart-hart:
J-TPO would be my guess Mart

Hi Mart

I did try to make a search for J-TPO but no result can you give me a link?

smeden:
Hi Mart I did try to make a search for J-TPO but no result can you give me a link?

here are you

Files:
j_tpo.mq4  5 kb

This one will not use as much CPU.

Put lines at +80 and - 80

When its above trending when it go's through line maybe reversal

Mart

Files:

mart-hart:
This one will not use as much CPU.

Put lines at +80 and - 80

When its above trending when it go's through line maybe reversal

Mart

Look nice. But it is not possible to look back in history.

Does it curve fit?

smeden:
Look nice. But it is not possible to look back in history. Does it curve fit?

It should show on history,I have just put it on a brand new MT4 and it shows up fine.

Won't re paint, what you see is what you get

Mart

Picture j tpo

Mart

Files:
jtpo.zip  7 kb

I did just change bars back in the code so now I can see way back in history.

What's about here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176110

since floor 6th.

J_TPO for metatrader 5 ...

Posting this version (metatrader 5 version) of an indicator I found that is called J_TPO here since this thread was almost entirely dedicated to it

There are different stories of it what is it. I am not 100% sure but if I remember correctly it was presented for some time at Jurik site (but now, after all this time, I really can not be 100% sure). It looks like this in metatrader 5 version

Now the main reason for posting this : there is one much better known indicator (and date-wise used much, much before the TPO indicator) that, as it turns out, is exactly the same in values as "TPO" : it is the Spearman rank (auto)correlation. Here is the comparison of the 2 :

So, the story seems to be the ancient one : as I said not sure who exactly did it, but someone did put his hand in a cookie jar. You can use it freely since it is a good indicator (here is some additional info on Spearman rank correlation : Spearman's rank correlation coefficient - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) but keep in mind what the indicator actually is

Files:
5_tpo.png  71 kb
j_tpo.mq5  13 kb
Reason: