Martingale with SMA21 - page 4

auto:
A strategy is not complete without Money management. So your trades in $ terms (and % gain) is more meaningful. e.g. Even if a strategy makes 2000 pips , if it is just 5% - then it may not be worth it.

keep up the good work.

regards

i just wanna make sure it is secured strategy first. MM goes later

Mm

team_geo_fxsignal:
i just wanna make sure it is secured strategy first. MM goes later

you miss my point - MM is part of strategy especially where trade sizes are not same. You can make -100 pips, still make $1000!

But, please keep testing.

regards

auto:
you miss my point - MM is part of strategy especially where trade sizes are not same. You can make -100 pips, still make $1000!

But, please keep testing.

regards

sure...martingale will produce that kind of results....i add SMA5 to close trade in shorter term and will reenter trade based on SMA5 with same direction as SMA21

team_geo_fxsignal:
sure...martingale will produce that kind of results....i add SMA5 to close trade in shorter term and will reenter trade based on SMA5 with same direction as SMA21

Did you make new rules?

Can you post them? My programmer will make the EA

smeden:
Did you make new rules? Can you post them? My programmer will make the EA

yes. but i wanted to see how it performs today. i will post later

Here is the rule :

1. Plot SMA 21, median HL/2 with level 10 and -10 ( like a channel )

2. Plot SMA 5, median HL/2

3. BUY - new candle open above SMA21.

4. Managing the profit BUY - close when you see current candle close below SMA5 ( while you in profit )

5. Re-enter BUY when new candle open above SMA 5 with similar direction of SMA21.

6. If we see new candle open below SMA5, open same lot as the previous buy ( Hedge ) until we are clear where the direction is. If finally candle open below SMA21, you can double the lot or tripple. If the gap is big, we should tripple.

RSI will help to filter this strategy. Please discuss together

i think this is a good new way of using moving averages. the problem is knowing when to get out.

trevman:
i think this is a good new way of using moving averages. the problem is knowing when to get out.

you can exit when net profit reach your target, this is for ranging period.

during trend, you can take profit when the candle close below SMA5 ( for buy ) close above SMA5 ( for sell position )

team_geo_fxsignal:
you can exit when net profit reach your target, this is for ranging period. during trend, you can take profit when the candle close below SMA5 ( for buy ) close above SMA5 ( for sell position )

If you want an EA can you please specify clear rules?

smeden:
If you want an EA can you please specify clear rules?

The EA should have two style of exits.... trail stop, or secure profit.

Reason: