Martingale with SMA21 - page 5

i was thinking you could use a similar strategy to this for any point. if you were to just pick a price and buy when price goes above and sell when it goes below, eventually the long term trend will carry it away from this point and youll be left in a long term position.

maybe using a larger MA than 21 say 50 or 100, would produce less whipsaws, and if you were to set 50SL and 200TP you would only need to double every 4 trades.

trevman:
i was thinking you could use a similar strategy to this for any point. if you were to just pick a price and buy when price goes above and sell when it goes below, eventually the long term trend will carry it away from this point and youll be left in a long term position. maybe using a larger MA than 21 say 50 or 100, would produce less whipsaws, and if you were to set 50SL and 200TP you would only need to double every 4 trades.

Why dont we find the best trend system we got here and add MG to it.

smeden:
Why dont we find the best trend system we got here and add MG to it.

you can propose and share here maybe i would have more ideas

take a look at yesterday trade

i think H1 chart is not too many whipsaws

Files:
sma21.gif  24 kb

here is for EU

very interesting, i let you guys evaluate

Files:
sma21eu.gif  24 kb

Hi Geo

Try look at this.

I think we will save many trades in choppy conditions if we use this indicator.

Tell me if you like it.

Files:
gbpusd_3.gif  14 kb

opps.

Her you go

Files:

Thanks for the indicator.

However, i prefer we follow the original idea first and see how we can improvise the EA. I like ranging too coz we can double up the lot and more profits. So we are safe in ranging and trending

I can easy find periods where it crosses 10 times before it start moving. it will be a lot of margin used.

Do you trade all day or only choose to trade london & US?

How did it go today?

The problem is always trying to isolate these crosses back and forth else it can easily kill the margin as you said. Do you think using some other indicator can help filter out the trades from these frequent crosses? How about using ADX or DMI?

Reason: