Adjustable bollinger bands

hi!

does anyone have adjustable bollinger bands that will show the bollinger bands in exponential, linear weighted, smoother form. and with the possiblity to change the bands in fractal form for example 2.2 instead of the usual 2?

the BB in MT4 are pretty basic. so im hoping some one has a better version!

thanks

formula

oneprint:
hi!

does anyone have adjustable bollinger bands that will show the bollinger bands in exponential, linear weighted, smoother form. and with the possiblity to change the bands in fractal form for example 2.2 instead of the usual 2?

thanks

Tell us the formula of the bollinger bands first!

mqldev:
Tell us the formula of the bollinger bands first!

http://tadoc.org/indicator/BBANDS.htm

Several places that describe the formula + sample code.

The easiest way of achieving what you want is probably to modify the custom indicator named "Bands" thats already supplied by metatrader.

oneprint:
hi!

thanks

Bands indicator available by default with MT like a custom indicator let you set 2.2, 1.9, etc.

And zupcon is right, with a few changes in the code of the Bands indicator you can do all you need. However you will be running out of John Bollinger advices about his creation.

I recommend to read his book before doing anything.

I would be interested if anyone is using a custom MA for BB. I know Bollinger method is using a simple MA, but I want to experiment with exponential, double exponential, linear regression etc as average.

Can anyone help?

Scrat:
yes, i know, i read his book. that's why i'm trying to experiment new things, i'm not completely satisfied with his explanations. by the way, have you ever thought about looking at a non-linear regression smooth curve +/- 2 standard deviations? same principle as bollinger bands, different averaging method... try with a polinomial regression instead of a SMA.

I don't remember right now. But I have tried BB based on Jurik MA, and always, I fall into the classics again and again and again.

Reason: