comon guys make some pips

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175290

this system is great

Perky:
This sounds like a down thread!

Down? can you read?

pip_seeker:
Down? can you read?

I guess he just read the first page and was excited about the Kuskus program.

Nevertheless, it does show that many are having success in different ways. When I went to view the strategy, I realized it was closer to scalping your way to profit, something that i have decided to avoid in the meantime.

I am glad you have gone through such good experience and somewhat better understand the market and trading online.

Today, I was viewing the different brokers that I can use my EA in, and was a bit disappointed with the level of specticism and doubt about the brokers, some of which I thought were decent but which some consider scam. So it makes me wonder if after everything goes well and forward tests show good results, the broker itself may be the main hurdle towards achieving financial freedom , which makes me think "do successful and wealthy traders trade online at all?"

I'm keeping my fingers crossed as my EA seems to have been doing well, the next step is to verify it logically and follow that up with serious tests.

Good luck to all of us.

Random Chaos - Organised Chaos

Hi Investor

I would just like to get back to one of the opening statemeants you made saying that everything can't be random chaos.

It something Simba also noted the other day.

I firmly believe that the FX market is just the final aftershock of the Dows, SP 500's and the rest. I am currently studying the correlation effect of the DJIA on currencies that include the USD as part of the pair.

There is definite influance accoring to me. What I think would enhance an EA would be to find the logic behind it to an adaptive logic that give the EA an indication on what to expect. I know this is an wild idea.

But it comes down to my theory that FX is the last shiver in the chain reaction. All market must be in perfect balance and harmony. But when a single on deviates the rest must adapt.

To find the sequence I think one has to look at the time zones and common similarities in world markets and then draw the line to Forex.

Take the close of the US market yesterday. Euro and Asian stock market had a ball. I called a CFD broker to get the Dow market movement and based my direction for USD paired with the EUR and GBP on that.

I made my conservative 100 pips on that information.

The posibilities are endless.

Safe Trades and clear minds

The Source

thesource:
Hi Investor

I would just like to get back to one of the opening statemeants you made saying that everything can't be random chaos.

It something Simba also noted the other day.

I firmly believe that the FX market is just the final aftershock of the Dows, SP 500's and the rest. I am currently studying the correlation effect of the DJIA on currencies that include the USD as part of the pair.

There is definite influance accoring to me. What I think would enhance an EA would be to find the logic behind it to an adaptive logic that give the EA an indication on what to expect. I know this is an wild idea.

But it comes down to my theory that FX is the last shiver in the chain reaction. All market must be in perfect balance and harmony. But when a single on deviates the rest must adapt.

To find the sequence I think one has to look at the time zones and common similarities in world markets and then draw the line to Forex.

Take the close of the US market yesterday. Euro and Asian stock market had a ball. I called a CFD broker to get the Dow market movement and based my direction for USD paired with the EUR and GBP on that.

I made my conservative 100 pips on that information.

The posibilities are endless.

Safe Trades and clear minds

The Source

Thanks for bringing this information. It is quite striking to see how information could be money. I certainly do think that such correlations (or covariances) do exist, but only people with inner knowledge about them can make big $$$. It requires lots of research, experience, and some data analysis to find such information.

Interestingly, I have been working to find the best times to trade the market, and I did some tests with an MT4 with historical data dating back from 1999, and arrived to a number of tables. Among them is the one attached.

I simply traded randomly until a stoploss/takeprofit value is reached.

I myself have been involved lately in creating data based on historical data to try to conclude any relations between different factors, and I'm about to reach something here. I can see that clearly, there is a factor of hour of the day for successful trades, but also, the type of trade (sell/buy) and the currency. Apart from that, issues that are most common in determining the factor of success of a trade -apart from the news of course- is the earlier hours', day's, or week's pivot points. Remarkably, the more I dwelled into this, the more complicated the picture gets. I was able to filter out a number of options to make random trades from 1999 to 2006 profitable. By taking into account the time of trade, the earlier trendline, the earlier pivotpoints, and other factors. But of course, I ended up reducing the number of trades tremendously from thousands to below a hundred. This is of course not usable, but it shows that ultimately, there are factors that contribute-more than others- in the direction of the trade.

Attached is an example excel document showing the number of trades per hour in GMT+1 time (e.g., for hour '0' it is the trades that happened between 00:00:00 and 00:59:59) It was interesting to see that about half of all trades happened during 12:00-19:00 GMT. Remarkably, the great losses may occur during the dead-time (before 01:00 and after 23:00).

It's still a learning process, let's hope that in time we get closer to the secret key that unlocks the world of forex!

Good luck to all of us.

Do not what I say

Totally of my previous subject.

Have you ever looked at the strategy report of any loosing EA. I have done so many times and then I looked at the chart.

Now if you visually reverse the order logic - where it should buy it sells instead and visa versa - then you loosing EA turn into a Super Money making machine. I think I am going to start a new thread and see what the general opinion is on this.

Regards The Source

PS: I thought about this again when I saw the Excel data. Reverse and make money

I wish it was that simple. You may still try it out to gain experience. But in my opinion, any successful trader must have one or more systems that are based on logic and a bunch of indicators that guide your entry/exit. Any other method is doomed to fail sooner or later.

I for instance had lots of fine EAs that worked for some period, but when run again for other times, they fail because they were built around specific circumstances surrounding some currency at a specific timeframe. A successful strategy should work all the time for all currencies.

update us on your progress though

thesource:
Totally of my previous subject.

Have you ever looked at the strategy report of any loosing EA. I have done so many times and then I looked at the chart.

Now if you visually reverse the order logic - where it should buy it sells instead and visa versa - then you loosing EA turn into a Super Money making machine. I think I am going to start a new thread and see what the general opinion is on this.

Regards The Source

PS: I thought about this again when I saw the Excel data. Reverse and make money

investor_me:
...But in my opinion, any successful trader must have one or more systems that are based on logic and a bunch of indicators that guide your entry/exit. Any other method is doomed to fail sooner or later.

Oh PipSeeker, where are you?

- - - -

Investor_me,

You may not know this, but you've been conversing with someone with a unique perspective on "indicator-less" trading. If he notices this, I think there might be an interesting discussion on "Theres more than one way to skin a cat". And he is just the guy to have it with, believe me.

what we should do

use the DRAW TRIANGLE icon (if it is not there, right click the bar above -- then [customize])

for the BUY or SELL that we did --- on the indicator chart that we based our decision on

then -- over time

we could pick and choose which indicator that we believe (aware of 20 pip pr less fluctuation though during the time of entry)

Reason: