Godzilla - page 2

frantacech:
Record GODZILLY for EURUSD, H4 from 2.10.06 to the 22.10.06 we're all saw: PHUT 1.4 and Equity 21 378.70.

Now would like to see BACKTEST behind same period, to had same or at least similar result.

Shall I namely sensationthat the Strategy Tester be good for nothing.

no meaning backtest coz it will open many pairs

Record GODZILLY for EURUSD, H4 from 2.10.06 to the 22.10.06 we're all saw: PF 1.4 and Equity 21 378.70.

Now would like to see BACKTEST behind same period, to had same or at least similar result.

Shall I namely sensationthat the Strategy Tester be good for nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanna ask a question as far as differences from between Back Test (Strategy Tester MQ4 build 200), and Forward Test are concerned.

I have a PC running online 24x7 with forward test on a demo account (broker MIG) with EA Firebird v1-0c1, M1, GPBUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF a USDJPY

Report: DetailedStatement.htm

From 4.12.06 to 25.12.06 Equity: 12 833.44 and PF 5.3 with init deposit 5000

Nice...

And presently I would like to start with an improvement in order to gain lower MAX Drawdown, and above all to gain less of losing Open Trades.

I'm using the same quotes as are running on identical PC in online mode because I believe they're the closest to real ones and tick also.

QUESTION 1

IS THAT OK? Are the tick quotes of a demo account actually real? Are they equal to those on which bases the EA forward test is being processed?

STEP2 - backtests

Because the strategy tester cannot handle more tests of pairs at the same time I've continually done backtest of this EA on M1 for all 4 pairs with a date period from 4.12.06 to 25.12.06.

Result files as follows:

StrategyTester-EURUSD-FB v1-0c1.htm

Net Profit: 973.35, PF: 2.46

StrategyTester-GBPUSD-FB v1-0c1.htm

Net Profit: 1407.74, PF: 3.22

StrategyTester-USDCHF-FB v1-0c1.htm

Net Profit: 208.95, PF: 1.21

StrategyTester-USDJPY-FB v1-0c1.htm

Net Profit: -11.16, PF: 0.99

As a naive layman I might have presumed the forward test and the back test as + - equal and after summation of the 4 single backtest results I'd come near to the forward test result, provided I'd ignore risk of backtests summation which doesn't include risk with parallel drawdown and following Margin Call.

However, the result is so different that it makes me terrified with helpless feeling. I really don't know how to make it up if there is no way how to do it correctly....WHAT PURPOSE THE STRATEGY TESTER IS INDEED FOR?

I know it comes from a fact that the backtests show modeling quality of 25% despite of using quotes from online PC and according to my thought, thus tick.

QUESTION2

Is there any way how to pick up real results from Strategy Tester indeed, which are going to be with a little difference equal to results of identical forward test?

Either I cannot make it....?

Or I do not have a relevant data/quotes?

Or the Strategy Tester cannot make it..?

Because if not, I might really recognise the Tradestation as a better one. After all, such Strategy Tester is completely worthless, and it offers no possibility of developing any tuning strategy.

If it is done by purpose or by chance only I'd rather not to arbitrate!

What is the proper way to test/upload an ex4 file? When I upload it into my indicator list like a mq4, the symbol is gray? Ideas please? Thanks!

Jarcrocker:

This is an EXPERT and not an indicator put it in the expert folder. most ex4 files are greyed out, and I found most to be time limited, Godzilla is not time limited but it should still work if the symbol is greyed out.

jarcrocker:
What is the proper way to test/upload an ex4 file? When I upload it into my indicator list like a mq4, the symbol is gray? Ideas please? Thanks!

ex4 is of course grey...no hat..but still working...anyone succeed testing this EA...?

I had downloaded Godzilla, it sends alerts but does not actual trades for some reason, and also all alerts are garbage characters. Can someone re-post the EA, and rules it uses?

et_phonehome_2:
I had downloaded Godzilla, it sends alerts but does not actual trades for some reason, and also all alerts are garbage characters. Can someone re-post the EA, and rules it uses?

These "garbage" characters are just russian message which warns you that the expert has allready expired (and thus will probably not work). I am not a native russian speaker but I hope my translation is correct.

4honza:
These "garbage" characters are just russian message which warns you that the expert has allready expired (and thus will probably not work). I am not a native russian speaker but I hope my translation is correct.

Yes, correct.

so what we do to get this expert ???

EA - FirebirdV1-Oc1.

Hello Frantachec,

How has the Firebird been trading? Just wanted to know how I can get a copy of the EA as I have not been able to find it on TSD? Would it be possible to post it?

Thanks.

NAZ

Reason: