Subthread: Dolly 2nd Clone Project - page 2

cja:
Here is the code for the Trading Times, it is just an old indicator i used some of the code out of, i had just followed the Dolly number sequence at the time - quite a stupid thing to do really so i have now changed the Label code from Dolly to TT that should solve any future conflicts with dolly add ons. dolly_trading_times_3.mq4

thanks for the code.

deathpan:
daily means chart renews at the opening of the day? can i set buy or sell pending orders by looking at the chart???

yes you can. better analyze the graph first before you open buy/sell pending order.

Nice system

HI everyone, nice system you have here, cool.

Would someone please check signals for new GMACD2 - looks like they are wrong. Compare them with 'Digistoch'. Also eyebaling chart, I would say that 30 min and 60 min trends are clearly up, digistoch agree, but GMACD2 paint them as red. I may be doing something wrong, though, so if someone else would like to check...

I have few newbies questions. I did read second half of the (first) thread, but I still have some questions.

1 - how do you enter trade? When first candle close (or croses) in the colored buy (sell) area? Probably close, right?

2 - what would be stoploss? When first candle closes out of the colored buy (sell) area?

- or when candle is crossing colored area?

3 - do you generally sell whole position at first target or half or....?!?

4 - do you most of the time use those ploted targets as selling points or something else?

5 - what is signal for you, that trade goes against you and that you have to close position?

6 - what is average pip gain per trade, 10, 20....?!?

7 - what is average time per trade, few hours?

8 - which market (time) you prefer for trading?

9 - once you enter the trade - do you keep watching 15min chart or do you start using lower time frames for timing?

10 - ...

Is anyone willing to comment with pictures next few trades? That would be perfect

See, the problem is, that newbies (at least me) are capable to complicate every simple system. lol When you are trying to do a trade, you have tens and tens of questions and doubts. So if someone experienced is willing to write next few trades here, where he(she) entered, where exited and why - that would help a lot to many who wish to use this nice system.

Thank you in advance, Mario

alamanjani:
HI everyone, nice system you have here, cool.

Would someone please check signals for new GMACD2 - looks like they are wrong. Compare them with 'Digistoch'. Also eyebaling chart, I would say that 30 min and 60 min trends are clearly up, digistoch agree, but GMACD2 paint them as red. I may be doing something wrong, though, so if someone else would like to check...

The GMACD2 show is current timeframe, switch to same time frame it match with the color

I have few newbies questions. I did read second half of the (first) thread, but I still have some questions.

1 - how do you enter trade? When first candle close (or croses) in the colored buy (sell) area? Probably close, right?

2 - what would be stoploss? When first candle closes out of the colored buy (sell) area?

4 - do you most of the time use those ploted targets as selling points or something else?

5 - what is signal for you, that trade goes against you and that you have to close position?

9 - once you enter the trade - do you keep watching 15min chart or do you start using lower time frames for timing?

10 - ...

Read all the thread

Is anyone willing to comment with pictures next few trades? That would be perfect

See, the problem is, that newbies (at least me) are capable to complicate every simple system. lol When you are trying to do a trade, you have tens and tens of questions and doubts. So if someone experienced is willing to write next few trades here, where he(she) entered, where exited and why - that would help a lot to many who wish to use this nice system.

have a nice day!

Alamanjani go back to the dolly system you may find some point there .

hymns:
I think my New Dolly #10 have wrong/difference code calculation with Open Graphics. Just labelling only Good work! hope you dont confuse anymore.

Uff, what is bad? Your post last edit yesterday 12.15pm.

frantacech:
Uff, what is bad? Your post last edit yesterday 12.15pm.

nope. it fine. just compare with ur post, i see ur pic, it just SL/TP labelling difference

FAQ posted in first msg?!?

alamanjani:

Ancol, my sugestion is, that first msg would also contain say, 20 or so most frequently asked questions from new visitors of this thread. Because, these questions will keep pop up every so often.

I'm not lazy. I did something similar. Look at msg#4 in this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175561

(btw, if you are interested in EA's, watch this one, project is well organized and looks like there will be some nice results... )

Since I know more about Phoenix than someone new to that thread I decided to gather information from past msgs and post them where are easy accesible for new to that thread. So, to help out new to Phoenix system, I actually went back and I've reread all msgs again, so I could post in FAQ reference, where, in which msg is answer to some particular question.

So, I'm not lazzy if I asked for some help/info here, after I have read few 100 msgs already. probably i was reading them in to big of a hurry, since ther are so many thousands waiting on me to be read...

Most of us have job, family, duties and if you are new to whole TSD community, then there are waiting to be read over 7,000 msg for CatFX, over thousand for Phoenix, over thousand for Dolly... MM... and there are more. You need few months for all this... (actually way more or you will be facing the divorce lol lol)

And btw, I'm going to read them all, but in the meantime I wish to start using some systems. Man, I'm also addicted, I can't wait few months lol

So why we wouldn't try to help each other out? And that way, thread will have less repeated questions over and over again. Everyones win.

So, Ancol, if you agree, then above is sample of questions one new to this system will have even if he is going to read last few hundred msgs.

Mario

DISADVANTAGES

Not effectively applied to trend less stocks

Cannot be applied to all trending stocks

Do not use as a moving average crossover signal

but we can add moving average crossover signa to the chart right?

or if we add it , will the result will be diiferent? or other else?

Today forward test result

alamanjani:
Ancol, my sugestion is, that first msg would also contain say, 20 or so most frequently asked questions from new visitors of this thread. Because, these questions will keep pop up every so often.

I'm not lazy. I did something similar. Look at msg#4 in this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175561

(btw, if you are interested in EA's, watch this one, project is well organized and looks like there will be some nice results... )

Since I know more about Phoenix than someone new to that thread I decided to gather information from past msgs and post them where are easy accesible for new to that thread. So, to help out new to Phoenix system, I actually went back and I've reread all msgs again, so I could post in FAQ reference, where, in which msg is answer to some particular question.

So, I'm not lazzy if I asked for some help/info here, after I have read few 100 msgs already. probably i was reading them in to big of a hurry, since ther are so many thousands waiting on me to be read...

Most of us have job, family, duties and if you are new to whole TSD community, then there are waiting to be read over 7,000 msg for CatFX, over thousand for Phoenix, over thousand for Dolly... MM... and there are more. You need few months for all this... (actually way more or you will be facing the divorce lol lol)

And btw, I'm going to read them all, but in the meantime I wish to start using some systems. Man, I'm also addicted, I can't wait few months lol

So why we wouldn't try to help each other out? And that way, thread will have less repeated questions over and over again. Everyones win.

So, Ancol, if you agree, then above is sample of questions one new to this system will have even if he is going to read last few hundred msgs.

Mario

@Mario,

Mario, you have some misunderstanding, check your PM

This is the result for today with Dolly Open Pivot (2nd clone)

It hit 3 times, giving your 3 times profit for today

Files:
Reason: