Sarema EA

Hi,

I want to contribute to this forum by giving you my EA - it's based on the Muddbuddha strategy - http://www.muddbuddha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16

I've attached the mq4 file and the backtest results from the Alpari and the Metaquotes databanks (a good way to see how different results the system produces for the same period on different data).

I've started forward testing the EA (for GBP/USD only) and I'll post the results each week. If there are any volunteers that would like to help me forward test the expert on other pairs too I'd be greatful.

The time frame is set in the settings so it doesn't matter on which time frame you drop the expert.

If you have any questions I'd happy to answer you.

P.S. I'll maintain all reports from forward testing in this post.

Results (default settings)

Current date 2006.12.23:

EUR/USD - -$40

GBP/USD - -$127.32

USD/JPY - +$10.96

USD/CHF - -$180.95

Can you post here what each option in the EA does?

Thanks

matrixebiz:
Can you post here what each option in the EA does? Thanks

This is a direct copy-paste from the source:

extern int FEMa = 10; //the first EMa

extern int SEMa = 25; //the second EMa

extern int TEMa = 50; //the third EMa

extern int MainTimeFrame = PERIOD_H1; //the main timeframe used to calculate the EMas and the SAR

extern int CheckTimeFrame = PERIOD_M15; //the second timeframe used to double check the trend direction

extern double Risk = 5; //with what percent of the money we have we want to participate in a trade

extern bool MM = true; //should we increase the amount we participate with after a loss trade

extern double StepLotIncrease = 0.1; //the step to increase the lots with in case of a loss - in case MM is true

extern int Slippage = 2; //the allowed slippage

extern int MaxConsecutiveTrades = 2; //how many consecutive trades can we have in one direction before we stop and wait for a trade in the oposite direction

extern string MonthsFilter = "7,8"; //which months to skip when trading - separete them with , - no spaces allowed

extern bool EnterADX = true; //whether we should use the ADX indicator to enter a trade

extern bool AddADX = false; //whether we should use the ADX indicator to add to already opened position

extern int Additions = 1; //how many additions we are allowed to make for an open position - in case AddADX is true

extern double AddLot = 0.1; //the lot amount for each addition - in case AddADX is true

If you are familiar with the rules of the strategy then the comments would make sense

Is the EA self sustained or do I need to download some other Indicators for it to work properly?

It's not placing any trades ??

matrixebiz:
It's not placing any trades ??

Are you backtesting or forward testing? If you're forward testing maybe the market is not in the condition that matches the rules of the strategy.

If you're backtesting look at journal and see if there are any errors printed - if there are any please paste them here or PM me.

matrixebiz:
Is the EA self sustained or do I need to download some other Indicators for it to work properly?

The EA does not need any external indicators to run. It uses stdlib.mqh from the library folder.

I forward testing the four major pairs.

matrixebiz:
I forward testing the four major pairs.

Thanks for the help. I guess that you should wait a day or two for the EA to make an order (it should be running without being stopped or it may miss the entry signal).

Sarema

Hello Eden, for this morning I have installed the Sarema Expert on 5 different platforms and I have already good results. On the other hand having a benefit of 46 Points, I started them manually because I did not find an adjustment of TakeProfit.Est what that is normal? Cordially Yves

Cordialement Yves

Yves81:
Hello Eden, for this morning I have installed the Sarema Expert on 5 different platforms and I have already good results. On the other hand having a benefit of 46 Points, I started them manually because I did not find an adjustment of TakeProfit.Est what that is normal? Cordially Yves Cordialement Yves

This EA does not have a TakeProfit because it tries to follow the trend to it's end - a TP would limit the profit from a successful trade, so the EA just moves the stop with the 50 EMA.

Reason: