Question about programming AMA logic into an EA

How would I go about creating an EA using the AMA(Kaufman) that enters positions on the bar after a colored ball appears? Do I need to put the AMA logic into the EA or should I be using global variables? I have a bit of programming knowledge, however in my tests using a global variable the EA only trades in one direction.

The logic in the indicator that I think identifies whether a ball appears or not is :

if ((MathAbs(ddK)) > (dK*Point) && (ddK > 0)) kAMAupsig[pos]=AMA; else kAMAupsig[pos]=0;

if ((MathAbs(ddK)) > (dK*Point) && (ddK < 0)) kAMAdownsig[pos]=AMA; else kAMAdownsig[pos]=0;

So what I did was put " datetime AMASig = GlobalVariableSet(string "AMASig", double ddK);" into the indicator to pull out the ddK. Then, in the EA I put:

if ((MathAbs(ddK)) > (dK*Point) && (ddK > 0))sig=1;

if ((MathAbs(ddK)) > (dK*Point) && (ddK < 0)) sig=2;

Where sig 1 is a buy and sig 2 is a sell, however the problem I described above persists. The EA only trades in one direction.

Thanks for any help!

Pictures and indicator attached.

Files:
ama.jpg  215 kb
ama.mq4  4 kb

Anyone have any ideas?

a good qustion me too i want to learn ea programmation

please check....

i dont know how to start, but if i make some EA from indicator like AMA or another, i would use iCustom....

extern int shift=1;

//indicator setting

int periodAMA=9;

int nfast=2;

int nslow=30;

double G=2.0;

double dK=2.0

//define some signal

#define SIGNALBUY 1

#define SIGNALSELL 2

int Order;

//indicator

double AMAUpNow = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"AMA",periodAMA,nfast,nslow,G,dK,1,shift);

double AMAUpPrev = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"AMA",periodAMA,nfast,nslow,G,dK,1,shift+1);

double AMADnNow = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"AMA",periodAMA,nfast,nslow,G,dK,2,shift);

double AMADnPrev = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"AMA",periodAMA,nfast,nslow,G,dK,2,shift+1);

if(AMAUpPrev==0 && AMAUpNow !=0 && AMADnNow==0)

Order=SIGNALBUY;

if(AMAUpNow == 0 && AMADnPrev==0 && AMADnNow!=0)

Order=SIGNALSELL;

i hope this help u, but sorry i write this with notepad, so i don't know that any sintax was wrong....

sorry for my bad english, but if anyone here speak indonesian that would help

Ah, yea. I didn't see that I could use the independent buffers through the iCustom function. Using the global var was a bit convoluted. Thanks!

Reason: