FREE Harmonic Trading Offers - page 20

My stop is triggered at EUR/USD. The same story was on USD/JPY where the pattern was broken on hourly chart.

Can someone advise on how to enter? How is pattern be confirmed?

aligator:
EUR/USD and EUR/CAD may be ready to retrace.
Files:
eur.gif  17 kb

That's actually a very good question - how or when to enter? Most reading will tell you to buy (sell) at D, but in reality you aren't sure if this is D or not.

What I usually do is use pending orders (buy/sell stop) instead of directly entering the trade when it comes to patterns. From your sample it would look something like the attached image. I try to keep the Stop loss above the point which I believe is D.

How about others? Any suggestions regarding this and regarding confirming D before entering the trade?

Files:
eur_1.gif  20 kb

We definitely should create entering rules... Most of patterns on history (I checked) fail...

c4n:
That's actually a very good question - how or when to enter? Most reading will tell you to buy (sell) at D, but in reality you aren't sure if this is D or not.

What I usually do is use pending orders (buy/sell stop) instead of directly entering the trade when it comes to patterns. From your sample it would look something like the attached image. I try to keep the Stop loss above the point which I believe is D.

How about others? Any suggestions regarding this and regarding confirming D before entering the trade?
Files:
eur_failed.gif  17 kb

maccavity:
We definitely should create entering rules... Most of patterns on history (I checked) fail...

Candles talks

Most patterns fail simply because most patterns posted here are - if you want to be precise - invalid. The EURUSD one you just posted is not a valid pattern, look at the retraction numbers. Ibn Fernas posted a reference table some time ago (attached again), retractions should be the same or at least very close to these numbers (0.886 AB should have 1.270 CD for a valid pattern).

I found that the ZUP indicator while helpful can be very misleading and you shouldn't enter a trade just because it shows a pattern.

Files:

Ibn Fernas:
chf

+460 pip

Files:
8.gif  22 kb

eur\cad 16 march

ab=cd

Files:
eur-cad.gif  17 kb

eur\aud 16 march

Possible Gartley