Best MA Cross Indicator w/Alerts?

Hi,

what's the best MA Cross Indicator with Alerts?

by best, I mean reliable.

I just need it for 2 MAs crossing.

Also are there any MA cross indicator w/Alerts that let you specify the type (SMA, EMA, etc.) of each MA?

ycomp:
Hi,

Also are there any MA cross indicator w/Alerts that let you specify the type (SMA, EMA, etc.) of each MA?

Hello ycomp,

I tried many MA cross..and nothing work good.. since it is all delayed.

after doing lot of observation of price action, i finally come up with below setup. use Simple moving average as Support and Resistance.

if you observe price action on this setup....you will be surprise....

observing price pattern is very important. since price is the number one indicator, price pattern formation is important. also observing currency co-relation is important.

regarding which time frame to be used. we have been told as do not go below 1Hr Chart....Is it True or missleading ?... when price moves it moves within 1Min and moves several pips within 15min and then we keep looking and price moves far away within 1Hr....then question comes as who are the smart people who buy at bottom of the move ? did they check 1Hr Candle completion for conformation ? what they are observing ? and on which time frame ?.

Below is my Setup. you can try it.

Setup.

Chart 5Min Chart. with following Simple Moving Average.

SMA 2400 Close Represent 4Hr Timeframe Res/Sup

SMA 600 Close Represent 1Hr Timeframe Res/Sup

SMA 300 Close Represent 30Min Timeframe Res/Sup

SMA 150 Close Represent 15Min Timeframe Res/Sup

SMA 50 Close Represent 5Min Timeframe Res/Sup

SMA 5 Close Represent Current direction.

observe price patern.

in addition you can use Daily pivotes points. and 4Hr pivote points.

Observe how price react after touching SMA.

Use SMA as suport and resistance... Same setup works with 1Min Chart.

I am attaching Chart for sample.

Happy Trading

Ramdas

Files:
chart_01.gif  13 kb

ycomp:
Hi,

Use the UniversalEMA found in this forum, it lets you specify the MA type you want.

ET: I searched and found an EA for universal EMA. What I need is an indicator with alerts. Any suggestions?

Ramdas: thanks for the detailed post. Not really what I was asking for, but I'll be sure to look over it later.

ycomp:
Ramdas: thanks for the detailed post. Not really what I was asking for, but I'll be sure to look over it later.

here is another chart for ref..

Happy Trading.

Ramdas

ycomp:

Dear ycomp,

I know the information i post is not what you are looking for.

the reason i post is... some time back i was looking for information you are searching now... since you are looking for some MA cross alert . i fell the information i post may give you some clue about MA...once i was looking for all MA cross stratergy and wasted lot of time.. and after frustration i think out of BOX and made this setup and i was shock after looking at price action.

some people may find setup as odd like puting SMA2400 SMA600 on 5min chart it looks foolish.. but the setup represent price action from time frame 5min, 15min, 30min, 1Hr, 4Hr.. and you will shock if you observe how price moves in the time frame support and resistance. also with same setup if you observe price action on 1Min Chart it is also surprising.

if you find this setup usefull then pl post observation, comments.

Happy Trading.

Ramdas

ycomp:
ET: I searched and found an EA for universal EMA. What I need is an indicator with alerts. Any suggestions? Ramdas: thanks for the detailed post. Not really what I was asking for, but I'll be sure to look over it later.

What type of alert are you looking for? You need not use the EA to trade, I use it just to send me a pop up whenever the MAs cross so I need not stare at the screen.

ok, I'll check it out. That's what I need to do.

et_phonehome_2:
What type of alert are you looking for? You need not use the EA to trade, I use it just to send me a pop up whenever the MAs cross so I need not stare at the screen.
Reason: