Ranging market system

hi,

can someone recommend me a system that's capable of trading ranging markets?

most system i know only capable of trading break-outs & trending market

thank you

Hurst

newt:
hi,

can someone recommend me a system that's capable of trading ranging markets?

most system i know only capable of trading break-outs & trending market

thank you

1-Try JM HURST "Profit magic..."you can download by emule or buy it,it is a very easy cyclical approach that works perfectly in ranging markets.

2-Try any oscillator:RSI,STOCHASTIC,SCHAFF,MOMENTUM..use as default period half the dominant cycle(GBPUSD dominant cycle now is 36 periods),you

can know the dominant cycle by going to the digital indicators thread by newdigital,specifically the "digital filters generator" will be extremely useful to you.

A note of caution: IF A TREND GOES AGAINST YOU ,THESE OSCILLATORS ARE NOT WORTH A DIME,SO,TRY TO FILTER THE TREND BEFORE USING YOUR

RANGING MARKETS APPROACH.

Be water, my friend.

SIMBA

Look for divergence-systems, they often work better in ranging markets.

yes divergence-systems, its good

FXCM has a good article in trading ranging currency pairs, and it also identifies which pairs and what the typical movement.

hi in answer to your question if should be obvious by now that the market ranges more than trends from feb of this year till may was only trend on euro price has stayed in a range the rest of year so based on that info dont disregard breakout strategys play the asian breakout into the london or london into the us session but use this little method dont just play the breakout blindly let it break then pullback look for reversal bar and use that bar as your trigger and stop small risk good gain

Is there a good time frame to trade a ranging market?

15 works for me 5 also

The last Coders Guru EMA crossover works well in ranging markets (the one with a reversed cross), I don't have a link, though...

it is here in tsdforex.

Reason: