Phoenix - Development+Suggestions - MQ4 in Post#1 - page 41

newdigital:
This Phoenix section is big and somwetimes difficult to understand about where the latest version, which settings and forward testign results.

Try to look at whole section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems because as I know people created the threads to find everything easy ...

By the way most of the people who are managing this section (on behalf of Hendrick - he is original author, and with his permission) are on Christmas holidays now.

As I remember this Phoenix EA participated in the last Metaquotes contest (2006) and Hendrick got 5th place.

This mean Phoenix EA is in top5 ranking....which version is the best? Hope someone can attach it in this forum?

Yes, in 2006 contest. Last year. But I think few more versions were created after that.

Anyway look at 1st post if this thread for the versions

or

wait for the members come back from Christmas vacation. They are the same members with you and only difference that they know everything about this EA because they tested it on demo and on real and so on.

I have a machine I can backtest on again finally, so I might be able to release some settings files and also notify when settings should become active. Phoenix goes through moods, sometimes it has a profit factor of 2 or 3, other times it has a profit factor of under 1 (and looses money).

If you notice Phoenix trading in a flat market, that is not a good sign.

I'm looking at the phoenix 6 release code and it's really a very clean and absolutely elegant code. My compliments. to the authors.

Anyway I think problems formulated by the original author, Harry Brinkhuis (Hendrick), in his interview News - Automated Trading Championship 2006

about the countertrend nature of the phoenix system are still there.

All those EntrySignal functions are a mix applied in every trend condition.

There is no evidence about which market tranding condition we are working on.

May be this should be a good direction for phoenix 7.0

version 6 question!

Hello

Thanks to every one on this great work and for making all this work available to donload and use, I have a habit of tryng any EA on for backtesting, but I have a concern regarding version 6, I tried to do back testing with all default setting that is on the current version but it did no trading or excution of any buy or sell trades, I tried it several times but no luck,

I am wondering if I am doing any thing wrong!, I have yer to see any trades from version 6 ,

Could anyone help,

Thanks

hi hendrick.

i can see that you're coming back attending to the ea championship again in 2007. And i'm curious which version of phoenix that you're using in 2007?

Regards,

P'gebluk

Help

Hi,

Where can I download the latest Phoenix? I've downloaded Phonenix version that it's been used in the competition. Is still good? And it seems like some of you test on LIVE ACCOUNT but I don't see any recent results which is sad. So is anyone is on LIVE ACCOUNT? how's the progress???

Togu:
Hi, Where can I download the latest Phoenix? I've downloaded Phonenix version that it's been used in the competition. Is still good? And it seems like some of you test on LIVE ACCOUNT but I don't see any recent results which is sad. So is anyone is on LIVE ACCOUNT? how's the progress???

Hi.

Some answer is here.

I have deleted your other post because was identical to this.

Thanks for the response but the link you gave is incorrect. It just redirects me to the whole Phoenix forum. Can you just tell me what version of Phoenix you using? Will be greatly appreciated.

Togu:
Thanks for the response but the link you gave is incorrect. It just redirects me to the whole Phoenix forum. Can you just tell me what version of Phoenix you using? Will be greatly appreciated.

You could start with this threador this one is the stable

Reason: