Some Revised Indicators - page 2

Dave137:
98% of indicators repaint, that is why even after 3+ years I have not been able to make a workable system EA. Even what looks good to the eye, does not work good in real trading because of the repainting. The ++ loops within the indicator causes the indicator to repaint. Most use the ++ loops. They call it dynamically changing indicators. To me they are deceptive and can not be relied on to create a sound system. What the answer is, I have not found it yet.

Dave

<<<

Dave137:
98% of indicators repaint, that is why even after 3+ years I have not been able to make a workable system EA. Even what looks good to the eye, does not work good in real trading because of the repainting. The ++ loops within the indicator causes the indicator to repaint. Most use the ++ loops. They call it dynamically changing indicators. To me they are deceptive and can not be relied on to create a sound system. What the answer is, I have not found it yet.

Dave

<<<

are you just made it up, or you can show few screanshots of repainting mt4stock (standard) macd, rsi, ... etc?

hi

default zigzag is repaint , high low zigzag is not repaint just set parameter to 1 and you'll know it , actually almost all indicators is trend follower so it will change when the bar moving but after the bar stops (close) it's not repaint

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

sure after bar close (not on open) - with mentioning 3year EAs, i++... i believe he aware of it...

Dave137, can you show me repainted Osma, please?

Dave137:

Dave

<<<

You surely wanted to say "98% of indicators not repaint"

FerruFx

I always thought that repainting means that even after barclose the indicator changes that bar(color) afterwards. So if not, it is not repainting. And there are plenty of indicators that does not repaint when looking on it this way. But maybe there is another way to look at it?

panteraschoice:
I always thought that repainting means that even after barclose the indicator changes that bar(color) afterwards. So if not, it is not repainting. And there are plenty of indicators that does not repaint when looking on it this way. But maybe there is another way to look at it?

For make this clear: repainting is when the signal/arrow/line or whatever you want change color/direction on previouses bars. On current bar until it closes it isn't repainting.

FerruFx

"98% of indicators repaint", please repaint that

Dave137:

Dave

<<<

FerruFx:
You surely wanted to say "98% of indicators not repaint" FerruFx

but then it wouldn't explain "++" and: "...that is why even after 3+ years I have not been able to make a workable system EA."

Dave137:

Dave

<<<

Repaint

What 2 percent of indicators dont repaint. Please help.

Reason: