FPI - Fractional Product Inefficiency - page 2

TheRumpledOne:
I added inputs so you can use whatever pairs you want to compute the FPI.

why the indicator uses MODE_CLOSE? It's a lagging indicator. Is there any solution by using current price as the comparison instead of closed price?

What midline?

If you are refering to the FPI indicator, this is a level. Add it to the indicator from the indicator properties.

coymahrens:
Good morning,

not seeing gray midline-

if i change symbols in the code or via inputs i don't have valid fpi numbers-

thanks,

mark

FPI not so good with MT4

Try editing the code with MODE_ASK and MODE_BID. However, due to the limitations with MT4 and MT4 brokers, FPI does not perform as well using the MT4 platform.

richest:
why the indicator uses MODE_CLOSE? It's a lagging indicator. Is there any solution by using current price as the comparison instead of closed price?

FPI uses Series Arrays not Applied Price.

That's mean there's no MODE_ASK and MODE_BID

Limstylz:
Try editing the code with MODE_ASK and MODE_BID. However, due to the limitations with MT4 and MT4 brokers, FPI does not perform as well using the MT4 platform.

How did you go?

Hi, I realise that this is a two year old thread, however I just saw kreslik's article, and I was about to write both an indicator and EA for it, and have seen that both have been done in these forums...

Any value in it?

I am doing one random test now with wibitien's EA now, however when I enter a EURUSD-EURGBP-GBPUSD loop at .09998, at a coefficient value of 0.9999 my trades are further behind than they were at 0.9998.

I was going to write an EA that starts at say 0.9995 and exits at 0.9998, to just hang in there when this event occurs, as I noticed it rarely gets to say 1. Using a profit target like wibittiens did has its merits, as it won;t close unless it is in profit. However I would think if the coefficient is reliable, equity should be greater when the coefficient rises... however watching my forward test of an existing EA here, it seems that brokers have either become even more efficient, or they vary the spreads on one of the pairs in the triangulation high enough to counter this event, as my equity is less, while the coefficient rose 0.0001.

Nice work anyway CodersGuru, you did well making those arrays with the formula pair1*pair2/(1/pair3).

RichardFX:
Hi, I realise that this is a two year old thread, however I just saw kreslik's article, and I was about to write both an indicator and EA for it, and have seen that both have been done in these forums...

Any value in it?

I am doing one random test now with wibitien's EA now, however when I enter a EURUSD-EURGBP-GBPUSD loop at .09998, at a coefficient value of 0.9999 my trades are further behind than they were at 0.9998.

I was going to write an EA that starts at say 0.9995 and exits at 0.9998, to just hang in there when this event occurs, as I noticed it rarely gets to say 1. Using a profit target like wibittiens did has its merits, as it won;t close unless it is in profit. However I would think if the coefficient is reliable, equity should be greater when the coefficient rises... however watching my forward test of an existing EA here, it seems that brokers have either become even more efficient, or they vary the spreads on one of the pairs in the triangulation high enough to counter this event, as my equity is less, while the coefficient rose 0.0001.

Nice work anyway CodersGuru, you did well making those arrays with the formula pair1*pair2/(1/pair3).

It sounds like you're either a victim of bad data or have the signs reversed for executing the individual legs of the arb. Make sure to allow for enough movement to pay for 3 spreads. Entering at 0.9995 and exiting at 0.9998 is 3 pips total, not 3 pips profit per pair btw. If your trade cost is 2 pips x 3 pairs = 6 pips then you will need to make more than this in order to make a profit.

Reason: