What is the difference between an mq4 ex4 file

Dear Senior Members and Programmers

I wanted to know what is the difference between a .mq4 file and .ex4 file in MT4. What do they do differently? Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks In Advance

Peace Lover

hi

PeaceLover:

I wanted to know what is the difference between a .mq4 file and .ex4 file in MT4. What do they do differently? Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks In Advance

Peace Lover

.mq4 is source code of indicators or Expert Advisor and .ex4 is file compilation from .mq4....

in order to compile .mq4 is simple, just open .mq4 and press F5 and you're done.

To use it..just place .ex4 in indicators folder of MT4

then reopen your MT4

===============

Forex Indicators Collection

Best Forex Product

Reverse Coding ?

Is there a way to reverse the code ? That is to get back the TXT file starting from the EX4 file ?

TIA

Bigblackfeet

PeaceLover:

Thanks In Advance

Peace Lover

ex4 is simply an mq4 file, but encrypted. This is done to protect intellectual property. There is no difference in functionality between mq4 i ex4.

BIGBLACKFEET:
Is there a way to reverse the code ? That is to get back the TXT file starting from the EX4 file ?

TIA

Bigblackfeet

Yes, there is a way to reverse-engineer the code.

No, there is no publicly-available utility to do this.

prasxz:

in order to compile .mq4 is simple, just open .mq4 and press F5 and you're done.

===============

Forex Indicators Collection

Best Forex Product

You mean open it in MetaEditor, correct?

matrixebiz:
You mean open it in MetaEditor, correct?

Right. Because MetaTrader is using ex4 files only (as i understand it in right way).

Diam0nd:
ex4 is simply an mq4 file, but encrypted. This is done to protect intellectual property. There is no difference in functionality between mq4 i ex4.

is it have any solution to get ex4 code?

Diam0nd:

What is the way to reverse-engineer the code from ex4 to mq4? Thanks for your help

domenicone: What is the way to reverse-engineer the code from ex4 to mq4? Thanks for your help
  1. There has been zero proof that any ex4/5 can be decompiled since Build 600+ 20 14.02.03
              Upcoming MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 Upgrades - Big Changes Are Underway (MetaQuotes Software Corp.) - MQL4 programming forum
              Code Protection: New MQL4 language(Build 600+) decompilation protection and other crack techniques. (Macos Silva) - MQL4 programming forum - Page 2

2. De-compiled code is stolen code. Either you are a thief, a fence, or the receiver of stolen (intellectual) property. Either way we will not be an accomplice after the fact to that theft.
              See also forum.MQL4.com/41864#490649

If you post decompiled code again, you will likely be banned.

Don't tell us you found it on the 'net: if someone stole your bank details and uploaded them on to the internet, is it OK for everyone to use them because "someone uploaded it, I don't know why I can't use that"?

3. Reverse Engineering is taking a processes outputs and engineering something that does the same thing. No problem. "Often no intellectual property rights are breached" - Reverse engineering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Can you figure out what indicator(s) and their parameters "your" EX4 uses?
Reason: