Stochastic Color Bar! - page 6

Anyone can help me make a slow stochastic indicator with these variables: (High, Low, Close, 14,3,3,1,20,80) 37.68, 47.57, 80.00, 20.00?

Thanks.

Hi,

I think many people are wrong idea in mind that an indicator can be an EA. An indicator has a lot of useless function for EA and it slowed the process.

You must to understand the logic and I take the logical file Stochastic_Color_v1.02classicC.ex4.

It running with these conditions:

1/ when %K[1]>80 && %K[0]<80 && K[0]<%K[1] then the trend=-1

2/ when %K[1]20 && K[0]>%K[1] then the trend=1

3/ when %K[1]>20 && %K[0]<20 && K[0]<%K[1] && trend<0 then the signaltrend=-1

4/ when %K[1]80 && K[0]>%K[1] && trend>0 then the signaltrend=1

note: [0] = now and [1] = one bar Before

In Metatrader language, we can load this simple function, i think:

extern int KPeriod = 14;

extern int Slowing = 3;

extern int DPeriod = 3;

extern int MAMethod = 2;

extern int PriceField = 0;

extern int overBought = 80;

extern int overSold = 20;

void getTrend() {

double sto_main_now = iStochastic(NULL,0,KPeriod,DPeriod,Slowing,MAMethod,PriceField,MODE_MAIN,0);

double sto_main_previous = iStochastic(NULL,0,KPeriod,DPeriod,Slowing,MAMethod,PriceField,MODE_MAIN,1);

if( sto_main_now>20 && sto_main_previous<20 ) trend=1;

if( sto_main_now80 ) trend=-1;

if( sto_main_now>80 && sto_main_previous<80) signalTrend=1;

if( sto_main_now20) signalTrend=-1;

}

getTrend() give the signal for an EA and U can play with some combinaisons.

Have fun.

S.T

kelrine:
Anyone can help me make a slow stochastic indicator with these variables: (High, Low, Close, 14,3,3,1,20,80) 37.68, 47.57, 80.00, 20.00? Thanks.

Hi,

i think, U need to edit file and change extern int by extern double.

Before:

extern int KPeriod = 14;

extern int Slowing = 3;

extern int DPeriod = 3;

extern int MAMethod = 2;

extern int overSold = 20;[/PHP]

After:

[PHP]extern double KPeriod = 14; // enter the FIB decimal number here

extern double Slowing = 3;

extern double DPeriod = 3;

extern int MAMethod = 2;

extern int overSold = 20;

Maybe, it can work.

need to try.

S.T

M Laden

I have tested the colour stochs v1.02 and found it excellent.

The alerts show when the chosen level is broken and this too is excellent.

I have a suggestion for this indicator - could an alert be added for when the two stochs lines cross be achieved? See attached.

The chart attached has vertical lines to show where the higher timeframe crosses.

I know three days test does not make 'perfect', but after 100% on 4 separate charts it is hard to ignore the possiblites.

Is an added alert a possibilty?

Thank you - it is fully worthwhile as it is, so no problems if the answer is 'no'.

Regards

TEAMTRADER

Files:
m_laden.gif  36 kb

What is the “Stochastic Oscillator”?

The stochastic oscillator is a momentum indicator used in technical analysis, introduced by George Lane in the 1950s, to compare the closing price of a commodity to its price range over a given time span.

Closing levels that are consistently near the top of the range indicate accumulation (buying pressure) and those near the bottom of the range indicate distribution (selling pressure).

The idea behind this indicator is that prices tend to close near their past highs in bull markets, and near their lows in bear markets. Transaction signals can be spotted when the stochastic oscillator crosses its moving average.

Two stochastic oscillator indicators are typically calculated to assess future variations in prices, a fast (%K) and slow (%D). Comparisons of these statistics are a good indicator of speed at which prices are changing or the Impulse of Price. %K is the same as Williams’s %R, though on a scale 0 to 100 instead of -100 to 0, but the terminology for the two are kept separate.

Find an interesting article at http://bit.ly/quBobE

Colors and crossing

Hi, just a quick question that has been bothering me for a long while. If you draw a multi-color type indicator like the color stochastics, if the value crosses your predefined level between two bars, I have not found any way to change the color exactly on the cross. It always either changes color too soon or too late.

Has anyone found a solution for this? It would help me out a lot on a number of indicators I have.

Thanks!

That is mainly a consequence of time series forex (and similar) data being non-continuous (it is "accumulated" into time series bars instead of having a "stream of data"), and, as such, values on exact bar that could be exactly some predefined values are rather rare (depends on the nature of the indicator too, but in general they are rare). So all you can test if some value was crossed, but in that case it will change the color "too late" as you understand it (even though it is not so). Alerts "too soon" happen only in repainting (wrongly coded) indicators

Leyenda:
Hi, just a quick question that has been bothering me for a long while. If you draw a multi-color type indicator like the color stochastics, if the value crosses your predefined level between two bars, I have not found any way to change the color exactly on the cross. It always either changes color too soon or too late.

Has anyone found a solution for this? It would help me out a lot on a number of indicators I have.

Thanks!

request for the indis and oscis

TEAMTRADER:
I have tested the colour stochs v1.02 and found it excellent.

The alerts show when the chosen level is broken and this too is excellent.

I have a suggestion for this indicator - could an alert be added for when the two stochs lines cross be achieved? See attached.

The chart attached has vertical lines to show where the higher timeframe crosses.

I know three days test does not make 'perfect', but after 100% on 4 separate charts it is hard to ignore the possiblites.

Is an added alert a possibilty?

Thank you - it is fully worthwhile as it is, so no problems if the answer is 'no'.

Regards

TEAMTRADER

hi

thanks for sharing can u share the indis and oscis shown on this pic

thanks with goodluck

Arrow can not be changed color & width

mladen:
mtuppers

The indicator you posted is not my version . You can check it even on this thread. The last one I made was 1.02 (plain 1.02)

Anyway, the error in the version you posted consist of one thing : default overSold and overBought levels are inverted (making the overSold > overBought) probably in an effort to invert the way arrows are drawn, and later on in the code there is a line that goes like this :
if (overBought < overSold) overBought = overSold
That effectively makes the levels same (80 if default settings are used) To reverse the way signals are given it is not enough to just invert the level values. Code must be changed. So here is one with which you can choose how do you want the arrows drawn :
showArrowsOnReversalparameter :

- if set to false, arrows are drawn when stochastic goes over 80 or falls under 20

- if set to true arrows are drawn when stochastic goes over 20 or fall under 80

Changed that default parameters mix-up too and now it works as it should as far as the arrows are concerned. The rest of the code changes I did not check

regards

Mladen

Dear Mr. mladen

Thanks for your update. I'm looking for this for a long time. It's perfect. Thanks again.

I tested Color Stochastic v1.04d 3. There is one problem: arrow' color & width can not be changed. I don't know code at all. So can you check it over again to correct this small problem. So I can make use of different color & width arrow to identify witch TF's reversal arrow. If possible, I'll very appreciate your kind help.

By the way, if possible change the arrow type to solid arrow, or provide more choice of arrow type

Best regard's

Thomas C

Reason: