Incorrect profit calculation in EA

Hi All,

I hope I'm not asking something that has been discussed many times before..

Can anyone tell me why the strategy tester would calculate the profits incorrectly as in the attached report ? For example:

Trade1

Sell at 1.8687

Stoploss at 1.8745

This should show a loss of -58, but the startegy tester shows -40.60

Where on earth does it get the -40.60 from ?

The profit is basically wrong for every trade.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Files:

the strategy tester does have many limitations, one problem that has aroused before was getting different results from the same ea with the same settings over the same period of time. another one happened live, between a demo and a live account. as i've heard, the same strategy that was forward testing in both the demo and live, made money in the demo, and lost money in the live, no one's still quite answered this problem with interbankfx.

for the involvment with the tester, a friend of mine was using it on a strategy he had developed over a month on. he first ran through the tester and it gave him over four million dollars with 98% modeling quality! the next day, he wanted to save the results, so he re-opened the tester and it made him go bankrupt with 98% modeling quality, and the same settings as before, the same dates, it was the same in every aspect.

to get to the point, i wouldn't expect COMPLETELY accurate results from the tester. the best way to backtest a strategy, and most accurate, is to do your backtesting manually.

Reason: