Whatz in a name

Funny question...How do we change the name of an indicator?

Suppose I add MACD to the chart, but on the chart screen if I want the name to appear as ABCD, how do I do that?

Plz suggest

Thnx

kev

hi kev, open navigator rightclick on the indicator you want to change .select modify...then in the script you are looking for something like this

name for DataWindow and indicator subwindow label

IndicatorShortName("trendhunter");

the label is the text in between the (" "),i.e trendhunter in the example above,this is the text you change.......i.e it would say macd ...change to kevmcfosters 1000pip slayer.or something equally good........

and i thought i was the only one that did this

hope this helps kev

thestellaman:
hi kev, open navigator rightclick on the indicator you want to change .select modify...then in the script you are looking for something like this

name for DataWindow and indicator subwindow label

IndicatorShortName("trendhunter");

the label is the text in between the (" "),i.e trendhunter in the example above,this is the text you change.......i.e it would say macd ...change to kevmcfosters 1000pip slayer.or something equally good........

and i thought i was the only one that did this

hope this helps kev

Lol,

Thnx stellaman, you have a good sense of humour. 1000pip slayer huh, if only tht wasn't a dream

Will this disrupt my templates. Will I have to load the indicators again and save a new template or will it automatically be adjusted in the template?

thnx

kev

P.S. I couldn't find DataWindow and indicator subwindow label,,,help me find it

woooooo rice rant fxcruiser think you should calm down a mo have a cuppa and chill........we are not ripping any one off ..changing the names of indicators to profit from this..........we only changing a a bit of text that we see on OUR screen,does that mean, according to you that we need to ask the author of the indicators permision to go in and change the colours of the indicators so they are nice and pretty to look at 24hrs a day,i know this can be changed without going into the script but its easier if you change it in the script one time only then save it.............ohh ohhh and if we DO change the colour from the original even without going into the script is that breaking copyright of that indicator...........is metatrader resonsible for this as they have provided us with the tool to do this ..........dam you metatreader im gonna serve life for you .no way ................im changing all my text and colours back to the original so i dont get sent to jail...........one final thought.....if we never changed the names of ALL these millions of indicators that roughly are the same indicator more or less then we would be on MACD_v_5796549848852965276593269322764323846598.......now thats confusing............as you say fxcrusier........

just MY 3pips worth...................

p.s kev i'll pm you with the underground vibe on how to change the names so you can make your millions selling ripped of copys of macd to the thousands of newbies out there instead of trading forex...........oops i of course meant so you can make that dam screen a wee bit more bearable to you

thestellaman:
woooooo rice rant fxcruiser think you should calm down a mo have a cuppa and chill........we are not ripping any one off ..changing the names of indicators to profit from this..........we only changing a a bit of text that we see on OUR screen,does that mean, according to you that we need to ask the author of the indicators permision to go in and change the colours of the indicators so they are nice and pretty to look at 24hrs a day,i know this can be changed without going into the script but its easier if you change it in the script one time only then save it.............ohh ohhh and if we DO change the colour from the original even without going into the script is that breaking copyright of that indicator...........is metatrader resonsible for this as they have provided us with the tool to do this ..........dam you metatreader im gonna serve life for you .no way ................im changing all my text and colours back to the original so i dont get sent to jail...........one final thought.....if we never changed the names of ALL these millions of indicators that roughly are the same indicator more or less then we would be on MACD_v_5796549848852965276593269322764323846598.......now thats confusing............as you say fxcrusier........

just MY 3pips worth...................

p.s kev i'll pm you with the underground vibe on how to change the names so you can make your millions selling ripped of copys of macd to the thousands of newbies out there instead of trading forex...........oops i of course meant so you can make that dam screen a wee bit more bearable to you

I am very calm. I am having an iced cold beer. Sorry, I didn't mean anything wrong at all. No rant intended. Didn't I say I do the same thing you guys do.

Again, my apology, if my posting was taken in a different context. I will be glad to delete it. WOW!

EnJOY! It's life.

fxcruiser

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

beeeer

yer me to fxcruiser.havin a cold one that is cheers

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

hey stellaman n fxcruiser, how come i don't get any beer? come on, pass me a chilled one

kev

I kind of butcher other peoples EA's .. I take lines and turn them into histograms, change the colours, change the levels, add in other indicators..

I use a relationship model when it comes indicators meaning that some indicators "indicate" in the same way only one is leading and the other may be lagging so I put them together to create one whole picture that is both leading and lagging. Which means to create "relationships" between indicators I must effectily butcher them to look like each other. Sorry all you indicator creators, I don't change any of the copyright info or name of it though.

kev ........did you drink all the beer