Linear Momentum

Can anyone code a linear (like a step) momentum indicator ?

Such an indicator would be a MASSIVE tool for all of us.

It would obliterate everything else in my opinion.

Many thanks.

further info

Hi

Please give more info on how you envisage this indicator to work. I have not used any momentum indicators - and I'm trying to learn more about them.

thanks

Of course not, the $ Yen spike on data just now proves no oscillator can handle these markets. (Stochastic, DMi, Averages, everything pointing down, price was trickling down and them pow up 30 pips leaving everything trying to find its glasses.

CCI is helpful for larger time frame trading. So are a few others. My suggestion is for intra day trading momentum if reflected in a more confined visual basis would surely be helpful.

Interesting idea.

I'm not quite sure what you are looking for, but would this help? I generally find that announcements fit to one of the charts on my framework, and this was the obvious one for the Yen move earlier. After the yellow line on the right, it slowed and is now working on a different chart.

I just checked the NFP for the last eight months, and that fits nicely as well.

Files:
yen_move.jpg  71 kb

im also VERY interested in this step momentum...

006:
Of course not, the $ Yen spike on data just now proves no oscillator can handle these markets. (Stochastic, DMi, Averages, everything pointing down, price was trickling down and them pow up 30 pips leaving everything trying to find its glasses. CCI is helpful for larger time frame trading. So are a few others. My suggestion is for intra day trading momentum if reflected in a more confined visual basis would surely be helpful.

The Absolute Fibonacci Framework can. If you like, run another example that confuses you, and I'll show you how it does it.

We are having this small thread about Momentum indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176430

Reason: