Auto Stop Loss EA

Files:

I'm a bit confused, if it's about placing stop loss or trailing stop, why don't using regular metatrader's stop or trailing stop feature?

Thank you, mind to give me a list of those brokers pls?

I'm not a programmer so I can't help you, but many others can do it

It's a little risky to manage all your stops yourself as your pc or your connection is never 100% secure. So what you have to do is to manage your exits with some ea, AND put stop levels in the trade, but few pips far away. It's also true about the TPs.

Devil2000:
Thank you, mind to give me a list of those brokers pls? I'm not a programmer so I can't help you, but many others can do it

PM send to you because I think this is not the right thread to discuss somethings like that.

Regards.

Linuxser:
PM send to you because I think this is not the right thread to discuss somethings like that. Regards.

Thanks Linuxer. You're right, this thread has a different topic . I'll check it

Michel:
It's a little risky to manage all your stops yourself as your pc or your connection is never 100% secure. So what you have to do is to manage your exits with some ea, AND put stop levels in the trade, but few pips far away. It's also true about the TPs.

Linuxser:
In the ASCTrend forum there is an EA which can manage trailing stop and take profit options.

I�m not paranoic but I suffered on my own skin the Stop Hunters *. And since I discovered metatrader I have been looking for some solution.

Actually I�m not using Stop Loss. I just write in a paper my stop and then open the trade.

This action could be very risky and takes you at the front of the monitor for huge time.

The EA posted here is the most close to my idea. I�m looking for some EA which can manage only stop loss.

This way let you the option to not set the SL when you open the trade in metatrader. Avoiding the broker can know where is the "magic number" to take you out.

IE: you set the EA to -40 pips SL from your entry point. If the price moves against you -40 pips the EA close que open trade.

I know many EAs which have the option insert in the code but my knowledge about EA coding is extremly poor, so, If someone knows how to code it or modify the code of the EA posted here I will appreciate.

If someome can include the option in this EA. You can have all options available, stop, trailing stop and take profit completelly automated.

The EA you have attached here does one thing: apply the same trailing stop to every order in your account and it's visible trailing stop. (btw, the pip calculation is wrong for 5 digit broker).

If you want to make the stop loss hidden, which means EA will keep a record of all the stop loss value without actually modify the hard stop loss, it's possible but in your case, because you have unknown number of orders to manage, it'll take much more work to do so. In most cases this is done within an EA that actually submit those orders and EA already know how many orders exist at the same time for EA, in most cases will be 1 or 2 at the most. This makes a huge difference.

In the above situation, I have seen other people using a sort of cheating solution, which is kind of ok in my view. What they do is to use the visible stop loss as a reference and the real stop loss is actually x pips away from the visible stop loss. For example, for each order, if you want initial stop to be 100 pips, you submit 150 pips but you tell EA it should be 50 pips before the visible stop, you broker will know it as 150. If price hit 100, ea will exit the order as if it hit stop loss.

In this case, what they do is to give you one varible called "PipsawayfromVisulSTOP", if you put 30, that means all orders will be exit 30 pips before you actual stop loss which can be controlled by a trailing stop function.

I can modify this for you if this is what you want. If you want to do this completely correctly, it's possible but takes more time.

Reason: