An Idea to make EA for NEWS

Dear All.... EA programers...

As we know.. major news (like NFP, Trade Balance etc) will move the price very fast... the price reach 50 pips.. 100 pips.. just in minute.. I think we all use breakout strategy to catch the pips on news (or stay outside off course)

I'm not a programer, but i have an idea about Special EA for these major News

here is:

Let's talk about Non Farm Payroll.. Every first friday of the month at 8.30EST, we all waiting for this Bigest News.. at 8.15 EST we will run this EA, The methode of this EA is simple..

It will put pending order buy stop and sell stop 30 pips (we can change it) from the price.. so if EUROUSD is 1.2350... EA will make two pending orders.

1. Buy stop at 1.2350 + 30 pips = 1.2380

2. Sell Stop at 1.2350 - 30 pips = 1.2330

If the price change about pips.. example from 1.230 to 1.2355 and then this EA will :

1. Cancel All pending orders.. and make new pending order

1. Buy stop at 1.2355 + 30 pips = 1.2385

2. Sell Stop at 1.2355 - 30 pips = 1.2335

We can put our Target Profit and Stop Lost or using Trailing stop

SL and TP will make in pips target.. not the price ( i think in that danger situation will be more easy to make it in pips... not target price )

And we can put number of lots we want to use..

I hope all programers ini this forum can help me make this EA.. i think, it will be very usefull to fight the news...

thanks b4

Thanks SmallTalk

I use the idea is smilar to ur idea and we alwas see in every first friyday the price before 8:30 est is small volatility so before 8:30 we take the high and the low for last hours and make buystop above the high + 5 pips and sell stop below the low -5pips.

Abudu

i agree with u.. so like i wrote first, this EA will use in Major News.. hope New Digital or Coder's Guru can make it simple for us...

Folks,

This is called a straddle. I am playing with this method too at the moment. What we have seen with the news lately is that there is movement in only one direction after the news , not much whipsaws like we used to see before. But if the limit order was opened with a trailing stop , even with the whipsaw action we might be able to escape with a breakeven or good profit. This might work, let's give it a thought. Although i dont know if it will be possible to create an EA for this.

Thanks

forexplayer:
Folks,

This is called a straddle. I am playing with this method too at the moment. What we have seen with the news lately is that there is movement in only one direction after the news , not much whipsaws like we used to see before. But if the limit order was opened with a trailing stop , even with the whipsaw action we might be able to escape with a breakeven or good profit. This might work, let's give it a thought. Although i dont know if it will be possible to create an EA for this.

Thanks

What about an indicator?

increase:
What about an indicator?

I think we can use indicator only high n low from 2 hours... we can set pending order : buy stop at high n sell stop at low

i use this breakout methode in every news.. and it was 90% accurate!! n i will be very happy if someone can make it as an EA... so.. i can play in many pair.. without so confuse....

ussualy i use breakout methode in gbp n eur....

nice idea... i think

here you are!!

EA for news..

it's simple

and it's yours!!!

Files:

Another Straddle EA

There is a AmazingEA-1.1.7.mq4 on forex factory that straddles but I'm unable to download it at the moment

http://www.forexfactory.com/forexforum/showthread.php?t=6854&page=3&pp=15&highlight=amazing

Maybe someone can get it and test it.

--Doug

stevenali:
I think we can use indicator only high n low from 2 hours... we can set pending order : buy stop at high n sell stop at low

i use this breakout methode in every news.. and it was 90% accurate!! n i will be very happy if someone can make it as an EA... so.. i can play in many pair.. without so confuse....

ussualy i use breakout methode in gbp n eur....

nice idea... i think

can you say me the stop loss and take profit do you use?

i ll start to test this method tomorrow, i think its a very good method place buy stop and sell stop 15 seconds before the announcement, how many pips from the actual price do you choose?

have 2 thread ??

Hi smalltalk,...

the other thread at "Traping EA for NEWS!!" is the same,...!!

it's from winning-solution.net ?

may help?

can i have that this type of EA but can set the time??is more good if we can set the time..right?

Reason: