Multiple instances?

Hi guys,

This is probably a silly question, but each time I see the "answer", it just doesn't make any sense. They keep saying open a new "browser", and I can't figure out where the heck that is in MT4. I've come to think that I've been reading MT3 instructions...

Anyway - is it possible to have multiple instances of MT4 loaded at the same time from a single install?

I have both StrategyBuilder's and FXDD's running at the same time, but I'm wondering if I can run different accounts in different instances to forward test some strategies. I'd rather not have to install MT4 four more times from Fibo, Fastbrokers, Interbank etc.

Meaning, I'd like to have 4 instances of FXDD's MT4 up and running with 4 different accounts at the same time.

Make sense? Given all the forward testing that Newdigital does, I figure it has to be possible...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-CS

MULTI - MT4's

cubesteak:
Hi guys,

This is probably a silly question, but each time I see the "answer", it just doesn't make any sense. They keep saying open a new "browser", and I can't figure out where the heck that is in MT4. I've come to think that I've been reading MT3 instructions...

Anyway - is it possible to have multiple instances of MT4 loaded at the same time from a single install?

I have both StrategyBuilder's and FXDD's running at the same time, but I'm wondering if I can run different accounts in different instances to forward test some strategies. I'd rather not have to install MT4 four more times from Fibo, Fastbrokers, Interbank etc.

Meaning, I'd like to have 4 instances of FXDD's MT4 up and running with 4 different accounts at the same time.

Make sense? Given all the forward testing that Newdigital does, I figure it has to be possible...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-CS

cubesteak,

When you install your first FXDD MT4 - it creates a folder on your C drive in the following manner. ex. C:/Program Files/FXDD.

To have multiple versions simply add FXDD1, FXDD2,...etc, to your folder directory when installing more versions. In other words you must install the FXDD MT4 as many times as the versions you are planning to run. Hope this helps.

Ahh... So you actually DO have to reinstall that many times.

I was hoping there was a way around that...

*SIGH*

Thanks for the info!

cubesteak:
Ahh... So you actually DO have to reinstall that many times.

I was hoping there was a way around that...

*SIGH*

Thanks for the info!

If you like, just install it once and copy the whole folder to a new one. Then change the folder name for the new copy and make a shortcut to your desktop. You could do this easily with Windows Explorer. Hope this help

firedave:
If you like, just install it once and copy the whole folder to a new one. Then change the folder name for the new copy and make a shortcut to your desktop. You could do this easily with Windows Explorer. Hope this help

DOH!!! Sure, that makes perfect sense. The registry settings are the only things that seem to be shared, so that would work great!

I'm having a "Why didn't I think of that moment..." hehe

Reason: