MT4 multiple launch

Hi all,

I've only used MT4 for several months, and I have a question that does MT4 allow user to launch it multiple times like MT3? if yes, does anyone know how is it done? I have several monitors and I'm trying to launch multiple MT4 windows on different monitors(using extended desktop).

Thanks in advance.

woteva:
Hi all,

I've only used MT4 for several months, and I have a question that does MT4 allow user to launch it multiple times like MT3? if yes, does anyone know how is it done? I have several monitors and I'm trying to launch multiple MT4 windows on different monitors(using extended desktop).

Thanks in advance.

Just copy the whole original MT4 folder to a new one as much as you like. Then you could make a shortcut to terminal.exe on each folder. Hope this help

I am using to run about 20 terminals in my virtual private server. All of them works fine, but it should take a lot effort to launch them. In order to reduce time, I have written a multi terminal launcher application in .Net environment. For each terminal instance a new folder has been copied from the original one, and started up with its specified settings (account, symbol, expert advisor, ftp settings for publishing,...). I have been able to run up to 22 terminals, but failed when trying to start next terminal. Maybe it's just because WinXP has a maximum number of processes to run. Does anyone know about maximum number of processes to run for each operating system?

Jeff

I believe that's either 128 or 255.

thanks for the information guys, I'll try it out

Reason: