3-5 pips per trade 80 + % positive trades

Forextsd is a great trading development site, lots of help from traders and coders. Here is what I have been watching lately, tell me what you think.

EUR/USD 5 minute charts. Attach BykovTrend_Sig with inputs of RISK @ 20 and SSP @ 25. Add XO indicator with Kirper input at 5.0. I also will use pivot points but they don't come into play very often. When Bykovtrend signals come (in the form of arrows) wait until the close of the 5 minute candle if it matches the XO indicator (green is buy, red is sell) then take the trade. Take profit at 3-5 pips (don't have stoploss figured yet but trades rarely go over 8 pips negative).

Most days have anywhere from 5 - 10 positive trades. The main problem is sitting at the computer all day for so not very many pips can get old real quick. Being that this is a simple idea, can it be made into an EA and autotraded? I'm not a computer whiz (I can't even attach the indicators to this).

Any help would be appreciated, I have been forward testing this when I have the time and it has been good. By the way I also trade with Oand# and their 1.5 pip spread on EUR/USD is the only way this works, 3 pips is too much to overcome for this system. Can't trade with them until late Sunday when the spread comes down. And this is not scalping either some of these trades take 30+ minutes.

colnc, Nice and simple, I like it that way. I did a search on the forum but don't see BykovTrend_Sig can you post it please. I hope someone has the time to help you and create an EA for this. cheers

colnc:
Forextsd is a great trading development site, lots of help from traders and coders. Here is what I have been watching lately, tell me what you think.

EUR/USD 5 minute charts. Attach BykovTrend_Sig with inputs of RISK @ 20 and SSP @ 25. Add XO indicator with Kirper input at 5.0. I also will use pivot points but they don't come into play very often. When Bykovtrend signals come (in the form of arrows) wait until the close of the 5 minute candle if it matches the XO indicator (green is buy, red is sell) then take the trade. Take profit at 3-5 pips (don't have stoploss figured yet but trades rarely go over 8 pips negative).

Most days have anywhere from 5 - 10 positive trades. The main problem is sitting at the computer all day for so not very many pips can get old real quick. Being that this is a simple idea, can it be made into an EA and autotraded? I'm not a computer whiz (I can't even attach the indicators to this).

Any help would be appreciated, I have been forward testing this when I have the time and it has been good. By the way I also trade with Oand# and their 1.5 pip spread on EUR/USD is the only way this works, 3 pips is too much to overcome for this system. Can't trade with them until late Sunday when the spread comes down. And this is not scalping either some of these trades take 30+ minutes.

It is BykovTrend_Sig indicator (attached).

Files:

Bykov Trend_sig is not refreshing in my case

Thanks NewDigital, I must have overlooked it. cheers

The Bykov indicator is absolutely identical to the Asctrend indicator.

Mike4x.

Indeed, I concur.

mike4X:
The Bykov indicator is absolutely identical to the Asctrend indicator. Mike4x.

Yes I the indicators are pretty much the same but I personally like the Bykov signal and the settings more after testing both.

Did you see the signals since yesterday?

10 signals in all, 7 were aligned with XO and were tradeable. 6 were positive for 3-5 pips and one was negative.

The beauty of this is the market was not very good for trading yesterday or today but this still worked for 6 trades. The one loss probably would have been for 10 pips because another signal in the opposite direction came up (good time to exit).

My question remains to be answered by somebody. Can this be autotraded?

Personally I think there is only one way to find out if it is autotradeable and that is to have an EA made and put it into action and optimize it, that way you are able to see how much of the success of your strategy is due to your discerning trading perception and how much is simply an action that is leaning towards being mechanical, normally it's both in varying degrees.

colnc:
Yes I the indicators are pretty much the same but I personally like the Bykov signal and the settings more after testing both.

Did you see the signals since yesterday?

10 signals in all, 7 were aligned with XO and were tradeable. 6 were positive for 3-5 pips and one was negative.

The beauty of this is the market was not very good for trading yesterday or today but this still worked for 6 trades. The one loss probably would have been for 10 pips because another signal in the opposite direction came up (good time to exit).

My question remains to be answered by somebody. Can this be autotraded?

Goldensight I agree.

Now is there somebody that can create the EA for this? It would be nice to know how it works forward testing and not having to be by the computer all day and night.

ill give it a shot

it sounds easy to make

Reason: