Need some simple help with an EA...

Hello all-

I'm new to programming and this forum, and yesterday I wrote a simple EA based on the Parabolic SAR (Buy when it's below current price, sell when it's above). I have already written trailing stops into the program, but currently it initiates a new order in the same direction that I just closed something with the trailing stop (since the SAR hasn't switched over yet). I don't want this; if the last closed trade was a sell, I want the program to wait for appropriate conditions (SAR below price) to initiate a buy, and vice versa. I'm sure there's a simple way to do this, but I can't figure it out .

Thanks a bunch in advance,

Gavner

Files:
sar_cross.mq4  5 kb

Gavner:
Hello all-

I'm new to programming and this forum, and yesterday I wrote a simple EA based on the Parabolic SAR (Buy when it's below current price, sell when it's above). I have already written trailing stops into the program, but currently it initiates a new order in the same direction that I just closed something with the trailing stop (since the SAR hasn't switched over yet). I don't want this; if the last closed trade was a sell, I want the program to wait for appropriate conditions (SAR below price) to initiate a buy, and vice versa. I'm sure there's a simple way to do this, but I can't figure it out .

Thanks a bunch in advance,

Gavner

I think that u have to check the the SAR is blow price but also the previous SAR is above previous close price to plase a buy order. Sothing like this

// Check for BUYS

if((Ask>SARCurrent) && (iClose[1] < SARPrevious))

and the opposite for sell

// Check for SELLS

if((Bid SARPrevious))