Trend line alerts - page 2

has anyone got a good alert indicator. one that sounds alarm and popup when trend line or horizontal line is crossed. not lines that i put on chart but lines put-on chart from certain indicators. ie: wen indicator lines crossed.

EA that alerts when trendline is crossed (works with new MT) secrossl.mq4

Files:
secrossl.gif  95 kb
secrossl.mq4  7 kb

Hi Finesse,

Do you know why this alert (TLine Alert) for a trendline being crossed by the price operates perfectly on some charts and does not work at all on other charts?

Mt4 build 765.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

finesse:
I know its an old post but for reference sake I made one or two changes to the original posted alert that some may find of benefit. It will now pop up on which pair the alert line has been struck, and delete the line when the indicator has been removed form the chart.

TEAMTRADER:
Hi Finesse,

Do you know why this alert (TLine Alert) for a trendline being crossed by the price operates perfectly on some charts and does not work at all on other charts?

Mt4 build 765.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

What charts it does not work on?

It has started to work on the Aus cross chart today but still does not work on the Dow or other indices.

TEAMTRADER

Can the trendline alert be changed so that it fires a signal with a pop up box and a vertical line ONLY when the price OPENS over the trendline?

This would be very useful.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Can the trendline alert be changed so that it fires a signal with a pop up box and a vertical line ONLY when the price OPENS over the trendline?

This would be very useful.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

Which exact indicator?

mladen:
TEAMTRADER Which exact indicator?

Sorry, I thought it was loaded - but wasn't.

This one appears to be the best although it still does not work on the Dow.

TEAMTRADER

Files:

TEAMTRADER:
Sorry, I thought it was loaded - but wasn't.

This one appears to be the best although it still does not work on the Dow.

TEAMTRADER

Is the Dow chart different in some way to the FX charts?

TEAMTRADER

Can this trendline alert be made to work on the Indices please?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Reason: