CatFx50 5 Minute Testing - page 5

5mn

Old thread but I will give it a wirl. ---- I trade the 5 mn with the30 mn or 1 hour trend ie 1/4th of the screen below/Above the 200 line on the 1 hour with and/or EW forecast with some div and/or a big trendline break. I only trade at a 200 ema cross; typically I get a voicemail alert. Not too fancy.-

Stop 5 pips below the EMA line. ---2 positions. If the market moves; you make a lot of pips and get out on a recross; if it doesn't then you take a whipsaw on the account. Overall, not bad.

Just stay +- 20 pips away from the 200 line on the hour and you will survive just fine.

Very interesting Ajk. I am currently working on a similar strategy.

Yikes another day of trading!!1

ajk:
Old thread but I will give it a wirl. ---- I trade the 5 mn with the30 mn or 1 hour trend ie 1/4th of the screen below/Above the 200 line on the 1 hour with and/or EW forecast with some div and/or a big trendline break. I only trade at a 200 ema cross; typically I get a voicemail alert. Not too fancy.-

Stop 5 pips below the EMA line. ---2 positions. If the market moves; you make a lot of pips and get out on a recross; if it doesn't then you take a whipsaw on the account. Overall, not bad.

Just stay +- 20 pips away from the 200 line on the hour and you will survive just fine.

care to attach a screnshot?i'm a visual learner...

Reason: