Terminator v1.0 - page 2

I removed eur/chf from the list.

Reason: Not sufficiently profitable at this time.

On retesting with an updated settings file this currency pair backtested at only 10% profit during the 6 month period from 1 Dec 05 thru 31 May 06.

Tom

I am working on a revision to Terminator EA which fixes a basic design flaw that doesn't allow the system to exit a position that is moving against you so it can then reverse itself and make pips.

So far in forward testing results look promising. The system is much more flexible and seems to move well with the market on the one hour chart.

If positive results continue I will be releasing it for further forward testing.

It will be a new Terminator version and I will start a new thread on it.

I goofed a little bit on the initial setup precipitating losses during a moving market but it seems it is on track now.

Tom

tmaneval:
I am working on a revision to Terminator EA which fixes a basic design flaw that doesn't allow the system to exit a position that is moving against you so it can then reverse itself and make pips.

So far in forward testing results look promising. The system is much more flexible and seems to move well with the market on the one hour chart.

If positive results continue I will be releasing it for further forward testing.

It will be a new Terminator version and I will start a new thread on it.

I goofed a little bit on the initial setup precipitating losses during a moving market but it seems it is on track now.

Tom

Excellent tmaneval I look foreward to testing this new EA, thanks for posting.

new version of terminator

I am looking forward to the new version as well.

Tested Today:

USD/CHF - MOSTLY ALL WINNERS (WITH TRAILING STOP 10)

GBP/USD - MOSTLY WINNERS (WITH 11 TS)

All default settings, at D1 timeframe.

new version is ready ?

Still working on it to get some kinks out guys.

In the mean time V1.0 is a decent trade entry tool especially in a moving market, albeit not foolproof. Exit from trades should be done manually and then turned off or set to manual confirmation when the market slows down or when you leave. Call it a semi auto trading system for now. That will be fixed. My apologies for the design flaw.

Thanks, I appreciate your support.

Tom

tmaneval:
Still working on it to get some kinks out guys.

In the mean time V1.0 is a decent trade entry tool especially in a moving market, albeit not foolproof. Exit from trades should be done manually and then turned off or set to manual confirmation when the market slows down or when you leave. Call it a semi auto trading system for now. That will be fixed. My apologies for the design flaw.

Thanks, I appreciate your support.

Tom

Yes its good for entry.

But needs more lower TF filters.

Try the absolute strength indicator at lower TF.

Files:

fx-programmer:
Yes its good for entry.

But needs more lower TF filters.

Try the absolute strength indicator at lower TF.

Thanx - I'll definitely give it a look.

Tom

tmaneval - do we have an updated EA yet?

Thanks

Reason: