Coding help - page 330

12BPRO:
You could try this.... Hope it HELPS

thank u for youl help.

But your version too suffers of the same problem than mine. Probably caused by the Nbars limitation that i tried to insert.

Look at the picture:

The upper indicator has no Nbars limitation (it is calculated for the entire number of bars of the chart)

The lower indicator has Nbars limitation setted to 500 bars and signals are not always the same of the original indicator.

the problematic code starts with line 96 i guess, but i don't know how to solve, i've been always used this forumula for limiting bars calculation in the indicators that i modified for myself.

Files:
cattura2.jpg  69 kb

thefxpros:
thank u for youl help.

But your version too suffers of the same problem than mine. Probably caused by the Nbars limitation that i tried to insert.

Look at the picture:

The upper indicator has no Nbars limitation (it is calculated for the entire number of bars of the chart)

The lower indicator has Nbars limitation setted to 500 bars and signals are not always the same of the original indicator.

the problematic code starts with line 96 i guess, but i don't know how to solve, i've been always used this forumula for limiting bars calculation in the indicators that i modified for myself.

thefxpros

That is not a problem with "Step chart age 2 MTF candles" but with the "Step chart age 2 MTF" that is called from "Step chart age 2 MTF candles" indicator. With bar limitation that indicator wll always work like that

"Step chart age 2 MTF candles" does not have coding problems

mladen:
thefxpros

That is not a problem with "Step chart age 2 MTF candles" but with the "Step chart age 2 MTF" that is called from "Step chart age 2 MTF candles" indicator. With bar limitation that indicator wll always work like that

Dear SIR MLADEN,

Yes I agree with you SIR, it is what it calculates from Step chart age 2 MTF as picture....

mladen:
thefxpros

yes yes, i know, the candles indicator works fine. Ah ok, if i can't limit the bars, i use original indicator.

thanks guys.

thefxpros:
yes yes, i know, the candles indicator works fine. Ah ok, if i can't limit the bars, i use original indicator. thanks guys.

Be careful with that indicator : any change in bars number (like when you change time frames or symbols) can cause that same thing.

So, is it a repainter?

thefxpros:
So, is it a repainter?

:):)

It is a similar case as with Jurik that is floating around : the more the bars it calculates the less you will notice the changes on current bars (since the majority of changes will happen at the oldest bars). But if you limit the bars to some smaller numbers, then you shall see them

mladen:
:):):) It is a similar case as with Jurik that is floating around : the more the bars it calculates the less you will notice the changes on current bars (since the majority of changes will happen at the oldest bars). But if you limit the bars to some smaller numbers, then you shall see them

mmm wait...let's see if i got correctly.

Assuming i use the original indicator without nbars limitations, since i'm going to use this indicator on a range bars chart where i cannot switch any timeframe, this "problem" should not occur...right?

I just would to know if those signals i see in the past, on a range bars chart, are real or not. If i got correctly, they should be.

Better: if i don't switch timeframe, does this indicator redraw past signals when new bars are plotted on screen?

thefxpros:
mmm wait...let's see if i got correctly.

Assuming i use the original indicator without nbars limitations, since i'm going to use this indicator on a range bars chart where i cannot switch any timeframe, this "problem" should not occur...right?

I just would to know if those signals i see in the past, on a range bars chart, are real or not. If i got correctly, they should be.

Better: if i don't switch timeframe, does this indicator redraw past signals when new bars are plotted on screen?

It will happen in any case and on any type of charts

mladen:
It will happen in any case and on any type of charts

ok

Reason: