New Demo accounts and EAs

Hi,

I have about 7 EAs (collected from various forums) which i want to test....while reading thru these forums, i have heard people say that we could open several demo accounts and run one EA on each of those demo accounts....i have one demo account from fibogroup....so i thought i would open more demo accounts there and apply my EAs on each of those accounts...

but even if i open several accounts, it seems that i can have only one account active at any point of time.....which means that i cannot have all the demo accounts open at the same time so that i could test how all the EAs work at the same time.....which means that there is no use of opening several demo accounts...i mean, if i can have only one account active(and hence one EA active) at any point of time, then there is no use...

is there any other way of doing this?? or is it that i have to open different demo accounts with different brokers and run them all at the same time....pls help....i want to test all my EAs at the same time...pls let me know what i can do....

ns_karthik:
Hi,

I have about 7 EAs (collected from various forums) which i want to test....while reading thru these forums, i have heard people say that we could open several demo accounts and run one EA on each of those demo accounts....i have one demo account from fibogroup....so i thought i would open more demo accounts there and apply my EAs on each of those accounts...

but even if i open several accounts, it seems that i can have only one account active at any point of time.....which means that i cannot have all the demo accounts open at the same time so that i could test how all the EAs work at the same time.....which means that there is no use of opening several demo accounts...i mean, if i can have only one account active(and hence one EA active) at any point of time, then there is no use...

is there any other way of doing this?? or is it that i have to open different demo accounts with different brokers and run them all at the same time....pls help....i want to test all my EAs at the same time...pls let me know what i can do....

Hi, there is 2 solutions :

1. Run all EA on the same demo account. This way require a different magic number setting for each EA.

2. Run all EA on seperate demo account on seperate MT4 platform. This way require you to install several MT4 on different forlder name (from one broker or more than one is not a problem).

Hope this help

the second method seems very tedious to follow i guess.....

so how do i change the magic number?? does the magic number depend on the EA or the currency pair....i had thought that the magic number would depend on the currency pair rather than the EA...pls help...

ns_karthik:
the second method seems very tedious to follow i guess..... so how do i change the magic number?? does the magic number depend on the EA or the currency pair....i had thought that the magic number would depend on the currency pair rather than the EA...pls help...

I think to set a magic number you need to hard coded the EA. Hope this help

Reason: